To set up your UiPath Connector for Workday, you must:
- Set up an external application in Automation Cloud.
- Retrieve your hostname, organization, tenant, and folder IDs from Orchestrator.
- Configure queues.
- Set up Workday to connect to UiPath.
Let's get started!
Create the Workday external application in Automation Cloud, as described in Managing external applications.
- Access your UiPath Automation Cloud account and click on Admin on the left-side menu.
- Select External Applications and click Add application.
- Choose a name for your application, for example, Workday, and type it into the Application name field.
- Under Application Type, select Confidential application.
- Now, add the scopes necessary for the connector. Click the Add scopes button, select the Orchestrator API Access Resource and add the following Application Scopes:
- In the Redirect URL field, you can fill in a random URL, such as
- Click Add. The Application Successfully Added! window is displayed, containing your App ID and App Secret.
- Copy the App Id and App Secret. These correspond to the UiPath Client ID and UiPath Client Secret fields you'll be using in Workday configuration.
- Click Close.
To connect your application to Workday, you need the following information:
- your UiPath Hostname
- your UiPath Organization
- your UiPath Tenant
- your UiPath Folder ID
The easiest way to retrieve this data is from your browser's URL.
- In Orchestrator, navigate to your folders and select your desired folder:
- Check the URL displayed in your browser. For example: https://cloud.uipath.com/YourOrg/YourTenant/orchestrator_/?tid=274125&fid=721490
This can be broken down as follows:
- UiPath Hostname ID =
- UiPath Organization ID =
- UiPath Tenant ID =
- UiPath Folder ID =
This step is optional. If you want to trigger a process, not queues, skip to step 4.
Next, configure your queues in Orchestrator, as described in Managing Queues in Orchestrator.
Remember your queue name, because you will need it in Workday configuration.
- In Workday, open App Manager and select your app.
- Click Configure to edit the following properties:
Your hostname, found in the Automation Cloud URL. See Step 2.
UiPath Organization ID
Your organization ID, found in the Automation Cloud URL. See Step 2.
UiPath Tenant ID
Your tenant ID, found in the Automation Cloud URL. See Step 2.
UiPath Folder ID
Your folder ID, found in the Automation Cloud URL. See Step 2.
UiPath Process Name
New Employee Onboarding
The name of your process. Leave blank if you want to use queues.
UiPath Process Strategy
The name of your process strategy. Leave blank if you want to use queues.
UiPath Queue Name
The name of your queue. Leave blank if you want to use processes.
UiPath Client ID
Your App ID, generated when you created the external application. See step 1.
UiPath Client Secret
Your App Secret, generated when you created the external application. See step 1.
OR.Folders OR.Robots OR.Machines OR.Execution OR.Jobs OR.Queues
The scopes you have to select when you configure your external application. See step 1.
- Click Ok to save your configuration.
Updated 2 months ago