Install the UiPath Add-in for the Salesforce App
The first step is to install the UiPath Add-in for Salesforce app from the Salesforce AppExchange.
Register Your UiPath Orchestrator Site
After installing the app, register your UiPath Orchestrator site with Salesforce by completing the following steps:
- Go to Remote Site Settings (Setup > Settings > Security > Remote Site Settings).
- Under All Remote Sites, click the New Remote Site button.
- Enter your Remote Site Name, Remote Site URL (your Orchestrator instance URL), and select Active.
- Click the Save button.
For more information about Remote Site Settings, see Configure Remote Site Settings in the Salesforce help documentation.
Set up My Domain Subdomain
After registering your Orchestrator site, open the UiPath Add-in for Salesforce; you can open the app by entering
UiPath in the search bar.
The UiPath Setup tab in the add-in app requires your Salesforce instance to have a custom My Domain subdomain. Follow steps 1 or 2 below according to your UiPath Setup tab status (i.e., tab is visible or not visible).
- If you see the UiPath Setup tab in your application (like the image above), no further action is required and you can go to the Assign UiPath Administrator permission set step.
- If you don't see the UiPath Setup tab in your application, follow the steps in the Set Up a My Domain Subdomain Salesforce documentation.
- If you still don't see the UiPath Setup tab after completing the Set Up a My Domain Subdomain steps, try uninstalling and then reinstalling the app.
Assign UiPath Administrator Permission Set
After you install the UiPath Add-in for Salesforce, a UiPath Administrator permission set is created. To enable users in your organization to use the add-in, you must assign this permission set to the users.
To assign the UiPath Administrator permission set, complete the following steps:
- Go to Permission Sets (Setup > Administration > Users > Permission Sets).
- In the Permission Sets table, click UiPath Administrators (this opens the permission sets details).
- Click the Manage Assignments button and then the Add Assignment button.
- Select the user(s) that you want to add to the permission set and click the Assign button.
The UiPath Add-in for Salesforce includes pre-configured settings for Orchestrator Notifications that must be enabled and/or edited before you can start using the add-in. You can enable and edit your Orchestrator Notification settings at an organizational level and/or at a user/profile level. For setup purposes, it's recommended that you enable, at a minimum, your organizational level settings.
To enable your organizational level settings, complete the following steps:
- Go to Custom Settings in the Salesforce Setup (Setup > Platform Tools > Custom Code > Custom Settings).
- Click the Manage link/button next to UiPath Settings (this opens the UiPath Settings page).
- Above the Default Organization Level Value section, click the New button (this opens the UiPath Settings Edit).
By default, the settings are populated with pre-configured values. You can edit these values now or you can return later to make changes after you've determined the settings you want based on your usage.
- For more information about the settings, see the Orchestrator Notifications details page.
- Click the Save button.
When you return to the UiPath Settings page, you now see your values under the Default Organization Level Value section. You can edit these settings any time by clicking the Edit button.
You're done! You have completed the setup and can now start using the add-in.