Before you can start using the UiPath Connector for Salesforce, you must complete a few steps to set up your Salesforce platform. After completing the setup steps, you'll be ready to add your Connection Settings and create Templates.
To enable support for the UiPath Connector in Salesforce, complete the following:
- Install the UiPath Connector for Salesforce app
- Register your UiPath Orchestrator site
- Setup My Domain Subdomain
- Assign UiPath Administrator permission set
- Customize Settings
Before you begin, verify that you meet the following technical requirements:
Your own instance of Orchestrator version 18.4 or higher (Orchestrator version 19.4 or higher for Queue Templates). Transport Layer Security (TLS) 1.1 or higher as mandated by Salesforce policy,
An account in UiPath Automation Cloud.
The first step is to install the UiPath Connector for Salesforce app from the Salesforce AppExchange.
This step is only applicable if you are using your own instance of UiPath Orchestrator. Skip this step if you are using UiPath Automation Cloud.
After installing the app, register your UiPath Orchestrator site with Salesforce by completing the following:
- Go to Remote Site Settings (Setup > Settings > Security > Remote Site Settings).
- Under All Remote Sites, click the New Remote Site button.
- Enter your Remote Site Name, Remote Site URL (your Orchestrator instance URL), and select Active.
- Click the Save button.
For more information about Remote Site Settings, see Configure Remote Site Settings in the Salesforce help documentation.
After registering your Orchestrator site, open the UiPath Connector for Salesforce; you can open the app by entering UiPath in the search bar.
The UiPath Setup tab in the connector app requires your Salesforce instance to have a custom My Domain subdomain. Follow steps 1 or 2 below according to your UiPath Setup tab status (i.e., tab is visible or not visible).
- If you see the UiPath Setup tab in your application (like the image above), no further action is required and you can go to the Assign UiPath Administrator permission set step.
- If you don't see the UiPath Setup tab in your application, follow the steps in the Set Up a My Domain Subdomain Salesforce documentation.
- If you still don't see the UiPath Setup tab after completing the Set Up a My Domain Subdomain steps, try uninstalling and then reinstalling the app.
After you install the UiPath Connector for Salesforce, a UiPath Administrator permission set is created. To enable users in your organization to use the connector, you must assign this permission set to the users.
To assign the UiPath Administrator permission set, complete the following:
- Go to Permission Sets (Setup > Administration > Users > Permission Sets).
- In the Permission Sets table, click UiPath Administrators (this opens the permission se detailst).
- Click the Manage Assignments button and then the Add Assignment button.
- Select the user(s) that you want to add to the permission set and click the Assign button.
The UiPath Connector for Salesforce includes pre-configured settings for Orchestrator Notifications that must be enabled and/or edited before you can start using the connector. You can enable and edit your Orchestrator Notification settings at an organizational level and/or at a user/profile level. For setup purposes, it's recommended that you enable, at a minimum, your organizational level settings.
To enable your organizational level settings, complete the following:
- Go to Custom Settings in the Salesforce Setup (Setup > Platform Tools > Custom Code > Custom Settings).
- Click the Manage link/button next to UiPath Settings (this opens the UiPath Settings page).
- Above the Default Organization Level Value section, click the New button (this opens the UiPath Settings Edit).
By default, the settings are populated with pre-configured values. You can edit these values now or you can return later to make changes after you've determined the settings you want based on your usage.
- For more information about the settings, see the Orchestrator Notifications details page.
- Click the Save button.
When you return to the UiPath Settings page, you now see your values under the Default Organization Level Value section. You can edit these settings any time by clicking the Edit button.
You're done! You have completed the setup and can now start using the connector.
For a hands-on learning experience and to quickly start using the connector, see the Quickstart guide. This guide provides step-by-step instructions to add your Connection Settings and create sample Templates.
To learn more about the connector and its different features, visit the following pages:
Updated about a year ago