Release date: 21 May 2020
- Visual Studio 16.5 introduced a bug that would cause XAML files to freeze the IDE. This is still not fixed on Visual Studio's end, but generated XAML files will now use a different format that prevents the issue from appearing. You may fix existing XAML files by right-clicking > Properties and changing the Custom Tool to
- Fixed bug causing errors to be obscured when timeouts were used.
- Updated license.
Release date: 21 April 2020
- 😀 ICONS are now supported! Add an SVG icon to each activity in just two clicks 😀
- Wizards will now always stay on top of Visual Studio so you can click away and come back without them getting hidden behind the main window.
- Added support for PasswordBox property elements.
PackageIconUrltemporarily until the former is supported in UiPath Studio.
Release date: 8 April 2020
- Design Change:
DesignerMetadata.cswill be generated with activities now instead of with the project structure. This allows the projects to be built even when no activities are present.
- Enhancement: Classes from Nuget dependencies can now be selected as property types in the Define Properties wizard. The wizard now draws all dependencies from the Company.Product.Activities project and makes them available in the type browser.
Release date: 7 April 2020
Fixed a bug in the Design project causing some Nuget dependencies not to be found in UiPath Studio.
Release date: 25 March 2020
The 3 projects of the UiPath Standard Activity project are now updated to Microsoft's SDK-Style, which means
- Csproj files can be edited without having to unload the projects.
- Package metadata is consolidated in one place now! No more assemblyinfo and nuspec files. All the metadata is contained in the Design project's csproj.
- Dependencies are now separated into assemblies, nuget packages, and projects for better organization.
- Building and packaging is much cleaner with the Publish method, which allows users to set up any number of locations to save to.
Documentation is updated to reflect the new project style.
Release date: 17 March 2020
- All activities will now extend
ContinuableAsyncNativeActivity. The Base classes have been removed due to redundancy.
TimeoutAsyncCodeActivityclasses have been removed. Timeout functionality will now be handled within the activity files themselves.
ObjectStorehas been renamed
ObjectContainer. Implementing classes now use
Additional classes added to the Shared folder.
Blank designers will no longer be produced.
Release date: 13 March 2020
Added a build script to run Release builds (in addition to Debug builds) locally.
Release date: 10 March 2020
Fixed 3 Known Issues:
- Lists, Dictionaries, and "container" classes may now be used as property types.
- The Cancel button in the Properties window removes all unsaved entries.
- The Resources.resx file now successfully generates entries for custom property Categories.
Release date: 2 March 2020
The UiPath Activity Creator allows you to easily create custom activities that work immediately in UiPath Studio. The new extension is entirely wizard-based, meaning you simply fill in fields like activity name, description, properties, types, and the entirety of the activity code is generated, including:
- Designers (UI)
- Property Fields
- Localization files
- Package Metadata
From there, just fill in the execution logic telling your activity what to do and you're done! If you know C#, you can now create UiPath activities!
Please see our NEW guide on How to Create Activities to get started.
Updated 7 months ago
|How To Create Activities|
|Understanding the Activity Project Structure|