The catalog in which a action resides is set at action creation using the action creation activities in Studio. The catalog must be defined beforehand in Orchestrator. If you define a catalog which hasn't been created in Orchestrator beforehand, the task is generated in Orchestrator with no catalog.
- On the Action Catalogs page, click Add. The Create Action Catalog window is displayed.
- On the Action Catalog Name field, fill in the name of the catalog.
- On the Description field, fill in a description to easily identify your catalogs.
- Click Create to add the catalog. The Create Action Catalog window is closed, and the Action Catalogs page is refreshed to display the new catalog.
Sharing action catalogs between folders enables launching jobs in multiple folders without redesigning your workflows in Studio when the underlying processes are targeting the same catalog. Linking a catalog to a folder makes the catalog and all catalog-associated objects, such as catalog items, available in that folder.
A catalog linked to multiple folders is marked using the icon. If the icon is not present, then the current folder is the only folder the catalog resides in.
You need the Action Catalogs - Create permission in the folders where you want to add the queue (target folders) and Action Catalogs - View in the folder where the queue currently resides (original folder). If you have Action Catalogs - Edit in the target folder, you also require Action Catalogs - Edit in the original folder.
- In the folder you want to link a catalog to, on the Action Catalogs page, click Add. Three buttons are displayed allowing you to add a catalog, link catalogs from other folders, or hide the options.
- Click Link Action Catalogs From Other Folders. The Link Action Catalogs window is displayed showing a list of all catalogs in the folders in which you have View permissions on Action Catalogs.
- On the Select Action Catalogs section, select one or multiple catalogs from the list.
- Click Continue. You are directed to the Folder Validation section. Here you can see the folders the catalogs are already linked to. If there are multiple folders, the number is displayed. Hover over it to see the folder names.
- Click Remove for the corresponding catalog to revert the change or click Exit to cancel the operation.
- Click Link if you want to make the link between the catalogs you selected and the current folder. The catalogs are displayed on the Action Catalogs page.
- Navigate to a folder the catalog to be linked resides in.
- Click More Actions > Manage Links for the desired catalog to open the Manage Links window. The Manage Action Catalog Links window is displayed.
- Click Update. A confirmation window is displayed.
- Click Cancel if you want to abort the changes or Continue for the changes to take effect. The operations are now reflected in Orchestrator according to your changes.
You cannot unlink an action catalog from the folders you shared it to.
- On the Action Catalogs page, click Edit for the corresponding entry. The Edit Action Catalog window is displayed.
- On the Action Catalog Name field, modify the name of the catalog.
- On the Description field, modify the description of the catalog.
- Click Update to save your changes. The Edit Action Catalog window is closed, and the Action Catalogs page is refreshed to display the updates.
Updated 14 days ago