- Ensure that you have first updated Orchestrator to the matching version, and that it is running, prior to upgrading Insights.
- If the Insights Admin made direct changes to the out-of-the-box dashboards from the Insights portal and re-shared them, those dashboards will be replaced on upgrade. If you wish to retain your current out-of-the-box dashboards, please export them prior to upgrading. You can import them once upgrade is complete.
To upgrade your existing Insights installation, follow these steps:
- Run the
UiPathInsightsInstaller.exeinstaller as an administrator. The UiPath Insights Installer wizard is displayed. Select Upgrade.
- Select the Check here to accept the license agreement check box to agree to the terms in the agreement, then click Next. The Insights Server Configuration is displayed.
- Select Please read prior to upgrading to review the risks and attendant recommendations to backup your data prior to upgrading.
- Provide the connection details for your Orchestrator instance, as follows:
- Orchestrator Endpoint - provide the Orchestrator URL;
- Identity Endpoint - specify the Identity Server location;
- Installation Access Token - enter the Installation Access Token you generated on Identity Server's Installation Access Token page by logging in as the host tenant. For more details, see Installation Access Token.
You need a new Installation Access Token on every installation. The token is valid for 2 hours, after which it expires. Generate another if experiencing an installation failure.
- Click the I have backed up Insights and I understand that failure to do so may cause data loss in order to proceed.
- Click Upgrade. The upgrade process starts. Once completed, click Close to exit the installer.
After Insights installation has finished:
- Ensure the .NET Trust Level of the Sisense app is set to
- Open the
consts.jsfile located in the
C:\Program Files\Sisense\app\query-proxy-service\src\commondirectory and set the
- Restart the
Updated about a month ago