The LaunchEIB activity uses the SOAP Launch_EIB operation to invoke a specified EIB integration (IntegrationSystemID or WorkdayID).
After invoking the EIB integration, the activity outputs the EIB event details in an
Integration_EventType object (IntegrationEvent) and the status of the request (success/failure information) in a
ResponseStatus object (ResponseStatus) that you can use in subsequent activities (e.g., conditional logic).
The following steps and message sequence diagram is an example of how the activity works from design time (i.e., the activity dependencies and input/output properties) to run time.
- Complete the Setup steps.
- Add the Workday Scope activity to your project.
- Add the Launch EIB activity inside the Workday Scope activity.
- Enter values for the Input properties and Options properties if applicable.
- Create and enter
ResponseStatusvariables for the Output properties.
- The request is sent to the Launch_EIB operation.
- The operation returns the
ResponseStatusvalues to your output property variables.
- DisplayName - The display name of the activity. This field supports only
- IntegrationSystemID - The name of the integration EIB that you want to launch. Enter a
Stringvariable. Enter your value as it's shown under the System ID section of the EIB integration details page (see example below).
- WorkdayID - The integration identifier assigned to the EIB that you want to launch. Enter a
Stringvariable. To get the WorkdayID value:
- Go to the View Integration System page in your Workday tenant.
- Select the EIB that you want to launch.
- Click the Actions button and select Integration IDs from the menu.
- Private - If selected, the values of variables and arguments are no longer logged at Verbose level.
- File - The local path to the configuration file(s) required for the specified EIB. Enter a
- ServiceComponentData - The service component data of the EIB. Enter a
Integration_Service_Component_Override_DataTypevariable. For more information about the ServiceComponentData, see Integration_Service_Component_Override_Data in the Workday documentation.
- Version - Specifies a specific web service version that you want to use for the activity. Enter a
- ResponseStatus - The status of the request (success/failure information). Enter a
ResponseStatusvariable (UiPath.BAF.Models.ResponseStatus). The
ResponseStatusobject includes three properties that you can use in other activities.
- Success -
Boolean- Specifies whether the API request was successful.
- ErrorCode -
String- The response error if the API request is unsuccessful (Success=False).
- Message -
String- The error message.
- Success -
- IntegrationEvent - The integration event details. Enter a
Integration_EventTypevariable. For more information about the IntegrationEvent, see Integration_EventType in the Workday documentation.
Updated 26 days ago