The DocuSign activities use the JWT authentication to establish a connection between UiPath and your DocuSign environment. This connection authorizes a Robot to call the DocuSign eSignature APIs and access resources on your behalf.
To enable authentication, you can create a DocuSign App with JWT authentication. You can also choose to create use DocuSign with OAuth authentication. For more information and before you build your first automation project, see the DocuSign Setup guide.
The DocuSign activities use the authentication information you entered to establish an authenticated connection between UiPath and your DocuSign environment. This connection authorizes a Robot to call the DocuSign eSignature APIs and access resources on your behalf.
After establishing a connection, a parent DocuSign Scope activity can output a record of the connection in a
Connection object (Connection) that you can use in subsequent child scope activities.
The following steps are an example of how the activity works from design time (i.e., the activity dependencies and input/output properties) to run time.
- Complete the Setup steps.
- Add the DocuSign Scope activity to your project.
- Enter values for the [Input](doc:docusign-scope#section-input] properties.
- Create and enter a
Connectionvariable for Output property. You can use this variable in subsequent uses of the DocuSign Scope activity.
- Auth Type - The type of authentication to use for the connection. Select one of the following three options: OAuth2AuthorizationCode, OAuthJWT, ExistingConnection.
- Base Url - The base url for the connection. This field supports only
Stringvariables. The value for production environments will be different.
- Client Id - The client identifier issued to the client. This field supports only
- Client Secret - The client secret issued to the client. Enter a
- Config File Client - Content of the config file. This field supports only
- Config File Path - The path of the config file. This field supports only
- ExistingConnection - Enter a
Connectionvariable must be from a previously run DocuSign Scope activity (parent) that still has an active connection.
- DisplayName - The display name of the activity. This field supports only
- Environment Type - The environment type you are authenticating against. Select one of the two options: Development and Production.
- Private - If selected, the values of variables and arguments are no longer logged at Verbose level.
- ReportApiErrorAsException - When selected, API error responses are reported in BusinessActivityExecutionException by all child activities that use this application scope. When not selected, the child activity populates the API error message in the ResponseStatus output property and workflow execution continues. Check the ResponseStatus property to confirm successful execution
- Connection - The connection which can be passed to a child application scope. This field supports only
Updated about a month ago