The Unlock File activity uses the Box UpdateFile API to unlock a locked file (File Id).
After unlocking the file, the activity outputs a
Boolean value to report the current file lock status (File Lock).
The following steps and message sequence diagram is an example of how the activity works from design time (i.e., the activity dependencies and input/output properties) to run time.
- Complete the Setup steps.
- Add the Box Scope activity to your project.
- Add an activity or run an external process that outputs a
File.Idvalue (e.g., Upload File, Search for Content, etc.).
- Add the Unlock File activity inside the Box Scope activity.
- Enter a value for the Input property.
- Create and enter a
Booleanvariable for the Output property.
- Your input property values are sent in the UpdateFile API operation request.
- The operation returns the
Booleanvalue to your output property variable.
- ContinueOnError - Specifies if you want the activity to continue running when an error is thrown. This field supports only
- DisplayName - The display name of the activity. This field supports only
- File ID - The ID of the file that you want to unlock. This field supports only
Stringvariables. To get the File ID value, add an activity or run an external process that outputs a
File.Idobject (e.g., Upload File, Search for Content, etc.).
- Private - If selected, the values of variables and arguments are no longer logged at Verbose level.
- File Lock - A
Booleanvalue that reports the current file lock status. This field supports only
- True - file is locked.
- False - file is unlocked.