The Delete Folder activity uses the Box DeleteFolder API to delet a specified folder (Folder Id).
After deleting the folder, the activity outputs a
Boolean value to report the success of the deletion (IsSuccessful).
The following steps and message sequence diagram is an example of how the activity works from design time (i.e., the activity dependencies and input/output properties) to run time.
- Complete the Setup steps.
- Add the Box Scope activity to your project.
- Add an activity or run an external process that outputs a
Folder.Idvalue (e.g., Get Folder Info, Search for Content, etc.).
- Add the Delete Folder activity inside the Box Scope activity.
- Enter a value for the Input property.
- Create and enter a
Booleanvariable for the Output property.
- Your input property values are sent in the DeleteFolder API operation request.
- The operation returns the
Booleanvalue to your output property variable.
- ContinueOnError - Specifies if you want the activity to continue running when an error is thrown. This field supports only
- DisplayName - The display name of the activity. This field supports only
- Folder ID - The ID of the folder that you want to delete. This field supports only
Stringvariables. To get the Folder ID value, add an activity or run an external process that outputs a
Folder.Idobject (e.g., Get Folder Info, Search for Content, etc.).
- Private - If selected, the values of variables and arguments are no longer logged at Verbose level.
- Recursive - If selected, the folder is deleted even if it is not empty. If not selected, the folder is only deleted if it is empty.
- IsSuccessful - A
Booleanvalue that reports the success of the deletion. The
- True - file was deleted.
- False - file was not deleted.