Hashes a string using a specified algorithm and encoding format.
- Continue On Error - Specifies if the automation should continue even when the activity throws an error. This field only supports Boolean values (True, False). The default value is False. As a result, if the field is blank and an error is thrown, the execution of the project stops. If the value is set to True, the execution of the project continues regardless of any error.
If this activity is included in Try Catch and the value of the ContinueOnError property is True, no error is caught when the project is executed.
- DisplayName - The display name of the activity.
- Algorithm - A drop-down which enables you to select the hashing algorithm you want to use. The following options are available: MD5, RIPEMD160, SHA1, SHA256, SHA384, and SHA512.
Encoding - The encoding used to interpret the key specified in the Key property. This field supports only
Encodingvariables. For more info on this variable type, please view the official Microsoft documentation.
- Text - The text that you want to hash. This field supports only strings and String variables.
- Private - If selected, the values of variables and arguments are no longer logged at Verbose level.
- Result - The hashed text, stored in a String variable. This field supports only String variables.
Updated about a year ago