Executes a query on a database and returns the query result in a Datatable.
- ProviderName - The name of the database provider used to access the database.
- ConnectionString - The connection string used to establish a database connection.
- ExistingDbConnection - An already opened database connection obtained from the Connect or Start Transaction activities. This property and the ConnectionString and ProviderName properties are mutually exclusive; if this property is set, the others can no longer be set.
- Private - If selected, the values of variables and arguments are no longer logged at Verbose level.
- CommandType - Specifies how a command string is interpreted. The following options are available: Text - Executes the query given in the SQL parameter. StoredProcedure - Invokes the procedure name specified in the SQL parameter. TableDirect - Invokes all records from a table.
- Sql - An sql command to be executed. This field must be completed according to the selection from the CommandType property.
- Parameters - A dictionary of named parameters that are bound to the sql command. The binding is done by specifying the '@parameterName' statement in the sql command. At runtime the parameterName will be replaced with its value from the dictionary.
- DisplayName - The display name of the activity.
- ContinueOnError - Specifies if the automation should continue even when the activity throws an error. This field only supports Boolean values (True, False). The default value is False. As a result, if the field is blank and an error is thrown, the execution of the project stops. If the value is set to True, the execution of the project continues regardless of any error.
If this activity is included in Try Catch and the value of the ContinueOnError property is True, no error is caught when the project is executed.
- TimeoutMS - Specifies the amount of time (in milliseconds) to wait for the activity to run before an error is thrown. The default value is 30000 milliseconds (30 seconds).
The amount of time specified in this field does not include the response time for the query result retrieval. This means the total execution time of the activity may be greater than the actual query execution time, which the TimeoutMS property applies to.
- DataTable - Stores the output of the SQL query in a DataTable variable.
Updated 2 years ago