Connects to a database and features a Sequence which can perform multiple transactions with the database. If UseTransaction is set true, the contained operations are executed in a single transaction, and applied at the end if none of the them failed. If UseTransaction is set false, all operations are committed individually. When this activity ends, the connection to the database is closed. This activity returns a DatabaseConnection variable.
- ProviderName - The name of the database provider used to access the database.
- ConnectionString - The connection string used to establish a database connection.
- ExistingDbConnection - The
DatabaseConnectionvariable you want to use for connecting to a database. Can be retrieved from other Database activities that have the DatabaseConnection field in the Output property section.
- DisplayName - The display name of the activity.
- ContinueOnError - Specifies if the automation should continue even when the activity throws an error. This field only supports Boolean values (True, False). The default value is False. As a result, if the field is blank and an error is thrown, the execution of the project stops. If the value is set to True, the execution of the project continues regardless of any error.
If this activity is included in Try Catch and the value of the ContinueOnError property is True, no error is caught when the project is executed.
- DatabaseConnection - The database connection variable returned by the activity. This can be subsequently used for other database operations.
- Private - If selected, the values of variables and arguments are no longer logged at Verbose level.
- UseTransaction - Specifies if the database operations within this activity should be wrapped in a database transaction.
Updated 2 years ago