Integrate ServiceNow™ with UiPath Test Manager to manage and automate tests throughout the development life-cycle. With this integration, you can include automated testing directly into your agile planning or directly assign automation to test cases created in ServiceNow™ Test Management 2.0..
The following objects types are supported in UiPath Test Manager:
- Test Cases
- Test Results
The direction of data transfer and corresponding artefacts are listed in the following table:
UiPath Test Manager
Test Execution Suite
Test Result Step
* Tests are only transferred from ServiceNow™ to UiPath Test Manager. If you have assigned automation for a test in UiPath Test Manager, this will be indicated on the corresponding test case in ServiceNow™.
- UiPath Test Manager administrator account.
- UiPath Test Manager Connector. For more information, see Install a ServiceNow™ Store application.
- ServiceNow™ account including either Agile Development or Test Management v2 plugin. Alternatively, you can use both plugins for this integration. For more information, see ServiceNow™ Store.
Create a new user account and assign specific roles to it, to make API requests to UiPath Test Suite components.
- Log in to your ServiceNow™ instance.
- Navigate to Organization > Users > New to create a new user for the UiPath Test Management application.
- Configure new user account settings with the following conditions:
- Choose a User ID, First name, Last name and Password.
- Keep the User ID and password at hand for later use.
- Select Web services access only and Internal Integration User, as these are required for the integration to work.
- Go to the Roles tab and select Edit.
- Assign the following roles to the newly created user:
- Click Save to return to the user form.
If you have REST API role access restrictions in your ServiceNow™ configuration, you need to assign additional roles. For example,
Configure a ServiceNow™ connection in UiPath Test Manager.
- Log in to Test Manager as an administrator.
- Open your project.
- Navigate to Project Settings > Integration.
- Click New Connection and select ServiceNow from the dropdown.
- Configure the following connection settings:
- Name: Enter a name for your ServiceNow™ connection.
- Description (Optional): Add a description for reference.
- Server URL: Add the ServiceNow™ server URL. For example:
- User: Enter the User ID you have configured for your integration user account.
- Password: Enter the associated password.
- Defect Type: Select a defect type from the dropdown. For now, you can only choose Defect.
- Click the connection to expand the panel and copy the API Key for later use.
- Open the Application Navigator in ServiceNow™ and use the search function to find UiPath Test Suite Integration. If prompted to switch the application scope, select the one you are currently working with.
- Configure the following integration settings:
- Integration URL: Add the UiPath Test Manager URL.
- API Key: Paste the API key.
- Logging level: Select info to from the dropdown. The default value is debug.
- ServiceNow integration user for UiPath Test Manager: Enter the User ID you have configured for your integration user account.
- Click Save.
The following table lists the actions that you can take to manage your ServiceNowTM) connections.
Edit your connection settings.
Delete the selected connection and its associated requirements.
Updated 2 months ago