A queue is a list of items that you want to be processed by Robots. When you create a queue in Orchestrator, it is empty. To populate the queue with items, change their status and process them, you have to use activities from Studio.
The Queues page enables you to create queues, view information about queue items (such as average execution time and the total number of successful transactions), display charts with the transaction status progress over time.
The following activities from Studio are used with queues:
- Add Queue Item - populates the queue with items and defines a time frame when these items must be processed. By default, when an item is added to the queue its status is New.
- Get Transaction Item - gets an item from the queue so that you can process it (start the transaction) and sets its status to In Progress.
- Set Transaction Status - changes the status of the transaction item to Failed (with an Application or Business Exception) or Successful. Application Exceptions should be used when the app you are automating fails, while Business Exceptions should be used when a certain queue item value does not meet a business requirement.
Only items that fail with an Application Exception are retried (if you also configure the Auto-Retry options in the queue, in Orchestrator).
- Add Transaction Item - adds an item in the queue, starts the transaction and sets the status to In Progress.
- Postpone Transaction Item - adds time parameters between which a transaction must be processed (not before Defer Date and no later than Due Date).
All these activities are part of the Core activities package, and can be found in the Activities panel, under Orchestrator > Queues. For more information on how to use them with queues, see Managing Queues in Studio.
By default, the queue items that have been processed successfully are archived on a daily basis, while the others remain in the queue so that you can decide what to do with them.
Updated 4 years ago
|Managing Queues in Orchestrator|
|Managing Queues in Studio|
|Queue Item Statuses|