The authentication framework provides access to Test Manager through service-to-service (S2S) and access tokens issued by the Identity Server.
To authenticate to your Test Manager single-tenant application using S2S authentication, you need to complete the following:
- Install Orchestrator.
- Install Test Manager.
- Ensure you have at least one testing robot license
- Ensure you have a test automation license
- The tenant is provisioned the first time you access the service.
- Orchestrator administrators are provisioned with Test Manager administrator accounts.
- License validation is checked at authentication time.
- Requesting, enabling and disabling authorization through API is not possible.
For single-tenancy, the connection between Test Manager and Orchestrator is done through the user account credentials
- Open your browser and enter the Test Manager URL in the address bar.
- Enter your username and password.
The tenant is set to Default, as this is the preset value used during the Test Manager installation process. If you are logging in using a different tenant, click Change and fill in your tenant name.
- Click Log in.
For multi-tenancy, the authentication is done through the user account credentials, the same as for single-tenancy, however, the authorization is done through OAuth. For more information, see Authorization Methods.
Updated 3 months ago