After installing and running Studio for the first time, the user is prompted with a license activation wizard. To activate a paid license, select the Activate License button.
Enter your e-mail address and your license key in the UiPath Registration step and finish the activation by pressing the Activate button.
When UiPath Studio is installed on a machine that is not connected to the internet or when your network security software/firewall prevents access to our license validation server, you can manually activate it by following the steps below:
You have to keep the Activation Window open until the process is complete.
- The Activation Certificate must be sent to a machine that has an internet connection, or is not blocked by a security software/firewall. There are 2 ways to do that:
- Press the Email activation button. If on the current machine there is an email program set as default (Outlook, Thunderbird, etc), a new email containing the activation information will be created automatically. Otherwise, a warning message will be displayed. Press the Next button afterwards.
- Press the Copy to clipboard button. This will copy the activation information to the clipboard. Paste it into a file (or an email) and send it to a machine that has an internet connection, or is not blocked by a security software/firewall. Press the Next button afterwards.
- On the machine with internet connection:
- Access the Activation portal from here.
- Paste the Activation Certificate (that was sent in the previous step) into the empty field in the page.
- Click Activate.
The Server Response will be generated. Copy and save the generated response from server to a .txt file and copy/send it via email back to the machine where UiPath Studio is installed.
Back to Studio, click Next.
- Paste the license data (The server response) obtained in the previous steps in the same activation window. There are two ways to do this:
- Press the Load from file button and insert the .txt with the server response.
- Copy the server response and press the Paste from clipboard button. Finish the activation by pressing the Activate button.
Updated about a year ago