By default, only the user with permissions to change and add other users has the right to register new Robots to Orchestrator.
- The person with the permission to register Robots requires the following information:
- The name of the machine that needs to be connected to Orchestrator and on which a Robot is installed
- The username that is used to access the specified machine
- (Optional, generally used only for Back Office Robots) The password for the specified username
- In Orchestrator, in the Robots page, click Provision Robot. The Provision Robot window is displayed.
- In the Machine field, type the name of the machine that needs to be connected to Orchestrator.
- In the Name field, type a name for the Robot.
- In the Username field, type the username that is used to access the specified machine. If the user is under a domain, you are required to also specify it in a
DOMAIN\usernameformat. You must use short domain names, such as
- (Optional) Add the Windows password for the specified username.
If you register Studio as a Robot to Orchestrator but do not provide the correct credentials in the Username and Password fields, you cannot run processes.
- Select the desired robot type from the Type drop-down list.
- (Optional) Add a description for the Robot. We recommend populating this field, especially when dealing with an environment with many robots.
- Copy the robot key from the Key field and send it to the person in charge of the Robot machine.
- Click Provision. The Robot is now displayed in the Robots page and provisioned on Orchestrator, but it is offline.
If you want to register multiple Robots in a High-Density environment, select the Create Another check box, in the Provision Robot window. This stores the values in the Machine and Key fields, so that you only have to fill in the Username and Password fields for each user.
Administrator rights are required to perform this procedure.
On the Robot machine, do the following:
- In the system tray, click the UiPath Robot icon. The UiPath Robot window is displayed.
- Click Advanced > Settings. The Settings window is displayed.
- In the Robot Key field, enter the key received from the administrator.
- In the Orchestrator URL field, enter Orchestrator’s address, such as http://demo.uipath.com.
- Click Connect. The Robot is now deployed to Orchestrator and its status changed to Connected. Each time a Robot is registered to Orchestrator, a Robot user is automatically created and is assigned the Robot role. (You can view it in the Users page.)
The High-Density Robots feature only works if the same machine name and key are used when registering each Robot per user.
By default, the Robot login credentials are stored in Orchestrator's database. However, you can also configure Orchestrator to store them in CyberArk® Enterprise Password Vault®, and retrieve them when needed with the help of CyberArk®’s Application Identity Manager. For more information, see Configuring Robot Credentials.
Updated 2 years ago