To use the connection string to deploy Robots to Orchestrator, the following are required:
WindowsAuth.Enabledparameter from the
web.configfile has to be set to
WindowsAuth.Domainparameter has to be set to a valid domain;
- the Robot has to be installed as a Windows Service.
- In Orchestrator, in the Settings page, in the General tab, copy the generated connection string to the Clipboard and send it to the Robot machine you want to connect to Orchestrator (via e-mail, USB stick etc.).
- On the Robot machine that you want to connect to Orchestrator, open the Command Prompt.
- Go to the directory where your UiPath Robot is installed (by default
C:\Program Files (x86)\UiPath\Studio). For example:
cd C:\Program Files (x86)\UiPath\Studio.
- Use the
-connectionStringcommand line arguments, and the URL generated at step 1 to connect the Robot to Orchestrator. For example,
UiRobot.exe --connect -connectionString https://platform.uipath.com/api/robotsservice/GetConnectionData?tenantId=1.
- In Orchestrator, create the Robot. The Robot is now deployed to Orchestrator and has the available status. If you have multiple Robots on the machine from which you generated the connection string, you must provision them all to Orchestrator.
- In Orchestrator, create your Robots as explained here.
- In the Settings page, in the General tab, copy the generated connection string to the Clipboard.
- Use an automatic deployment tool to install the Robots and provide the connection string copied at step 2 as a parameter. The Robots are connected to Orchestrator and are displayed as Available in the Robots page.
Updated 6 days ago