The Services page displays basic information about your tenants: name, number of licenses, status, and action buttons for each tenant.
- In the Services page, click Add Service. The Add Service page is displayed.
- Fill in the required fields (Name and number of allocated licenses of each license type, in Robots, Studios, and Other Services tabs). You can't exceed the number of available licenses for each license type. You can either redistribute your licenses across your services, or you can ask for more.
Please note that you can change any of these values later, but there are consequences of changing your service name.
- Click Add. The service creation process is started and the service is temporarily displayed in a Provisioning status. You might have to refresh the page if its status doesn't change shortly to Enabled or Failed.
You can access the new service if its status is Enabled.
You can edit the name and the number of licenses allocated to a service:
- Click Edit Service next to a service.
- Edit the Name field. Note that you can enter up to 32 alphabetical or numeric characters, starting with a letter. No spaces or special characters are allowed.
Changing a service's name results in disconnecting your Robots and Mobile Orchestrator users, and invalidating any pending user invites. Read more about the consequences and the actions you should perform after the change here.
- Modify the number of licenses allocated based on your needs, editing the fields in the Robots, Studios, and Other Services tabs. Note that you can't exceed the number of available licenses for each license type. You can either redistribute your licenses across your services, or you can ask for more.
- Click Save to save your changes. The following scenarios can occur:
- If you failed to enter a valid name, a text is displayed in red, informing you of the naming limitations. Modify the service name according to the displayed instructions, then click Save.
- If you entered more licenses than available, a text is displayed in red, informing you of the limitations. Modify the number of licenses according to the displayed instructions, then click Save.
- If your modified values are compliant and you have changed the tenant name, the Change Service Name window is displayed. This window informs you of the consequences of changing the service name. Click Proceed to save your changes.
- If your modified license values are compliant and you haven't changed the service name, the service's status changes to Updating while the new license settings are being applied. The status turns back to Enabled as soon as your new settings are saved. You might have to refresh the page if its status doesn't change to Enabled or Failed shortly.
Changing the name of any of your services greatly impacts your previous UiPath Cloud Platform service configurations:
- Robots configured at services level are disconnected. Reconnect your Robots, entering the new URLs.
- Service URLs previously bookmarked don't work anymore. Send your users the new URLs.
- User invites sent before the change for that service are not valid anymore. Send new invites for your colleagues who haven’t joined yet.
- Mobile Orchestrator users are disconnected. Send them the new URLs to connect again.
- In the Services page, click the button next to a service and select the Delete option. The Delete Service window is displayed.
- Click Delete to confirm your action. The service is being deleted, no longer being displayed in the Services page.
A service can be deleted when no processes are being executed.
After deleting a service, all its assigned licenses are freed up and available for you to use with other services.
- In the Services page, click the button next to a service and select the Disable option. The Disable Service window is displayed.
- Click Disable to confirm your action. The service is being disabled.
Disabled services remain displayed on the Services page, but they are not accessible.
After disabling a service, all its assigned licenses are freed up and available for you to use with other services.
Disabled services can be enabled if you need to access them.
- In the Services page, click the button next to a disabled service and select the Enable option.
The service is being enabled and it becomes accessible again.
After enabling a service, all its assigned licenses are consumed, not being available to be used with other services.
The user with Organization Owner role within the UiPath Cloud Platform organization has access to every service of the organization by default, with the assigned role of Administrator to each of those services.
To grant a user access to one of your organization's services follow these steps:
- In the Services page, click Manage Users icon next to the desired service.
- In the Users tab, click Add Users. The Add Users window is displayed.
- Select a user from the Available Users list on the left. The user moves to the Selected Users list on the right. You can select several users if you wish, or deselect them.
- Select the desired role, clicking one of the roles defined for that service. If no role is selected, the user will have no permissions within the service.
- Click Add. The Add Users window closes and the user information is updated in the Services > [Selected Service] > Users page. Note that adding users to a service also results in adding them to the Default classic folder within that service, if it exists and it hasn't been renamed.
Adding a user to a service grants the user access only to the selected service. If a person needs to have access to several services, select the services one by one and add the user to each of them.
Assigning a role allows that user to perform the entire set of permissions contained within that specific role.
To change a user's role within a service follow these steps:
- Hover over the target user and click Edit. The Edit Users window is displayed.
- Select the desired role(s). If no role is selected, the user will have no permissions within the service.
- Click Save. The Edit Users window is closed and the user information is updated in the Services > [Selected Service] > Users page.
You can only edit the role of a user at service level. If you want to change the name of the user, edit the user at organization level.
You cannot change your role. Ask another person with Organization Owner or Organization Admin role to perform the changes for you.
To remove a user's access to a service follow these steps:
- Hover over the target user and click Remove. Click again Remove in the Remove User confirmation window.
The removed user is no longer displayed in the Services > [Selected Service] > Users page and he can no longer access the selected service.
You cannot remove access for a user with the Organization Owner role.
You cannot delete the current user from a service. Ask another person with Organization Owner or Organization Admin role to perform the changes for you.
The Usage Trend tab displays comprehensive service information in a visual manner, concerning consumed Robots, Studios and Other Services licenses in time. If you want to assess whether there's room for maximizing licensing efficiency, you have the possibility to consult historical licensing data.
The Usage Trend tab in the Services page enables you to:
- view the maximum number of licenses used concurrently;
- filter out data by selecting a license type - all license types are selected by default;
- adjust the time interval as desired - show last 7 days, last 30 days, last 60 days, or last 90 days.
Please note that the graph is only populated for the license consumption of Robots who executed jobs, otherwise No usage history is displayed. It takes one day for usage information to be displayed here. Data is kept and displayed even if you renew or remove your license.
The License Usage tab shows the licenses allocated to each service. The tab displays donut charts for every license type illustrating the number of licenses allocated to your selected service versus the total number of licenses used by Robots that executed jobs.
If there are unused licenses allocated to the service, you can decide to free them up and reallocate them to another service, instead of buying new licenses for that service.
Updated 29 days ago