The Processes, that generate Actions in Action Center, are all queues and unattended processes from the Orchestrator folders that you have access to.
- You are in the correct Orchestrator folder context.
- You have the right user permissions to view and manage processes.
To access processes, navigate to the Processes tab from the left-hand menu in Automation CloudTM .
A card is displayed for every queue or unattended process found in the Orchestrator folders that you have access to, containing the following details:
- Process name.
- Recipient folder name.
- Latest publishing date and time .
- Published package version (for processes only).
To run an unattended process, hover over the process card and click Run .
For a sample workflow, click here.
For more information about how to trigger an unattended process using a file upload, go here.
To view a specific process detail, hover over the process card and click View details .
The Details page opens, displaying an entry for every process run, with the following details:
- Creation date.
- Start date.
- End date.
- Source (for processes).
- Exception (for queues).
To view more specific details, select View process data for a specific entry. This expands the Input and Output/Result data of the corresponding process, to help you track the changes made between entries.
To restart a process, kill it, or remove it from the entries list, click More options .
Viewing logs is not available for processes in New state. To debug your processes or just to track their executions:
- On the View Details page of the selected process, open the More Actions menu for a specific run.
To download the logs to your machine in CSV format, click Download.
Additional information: We recommend downloading logs periodically to keep them beyond the 30 days retention period.
Every time a job or queue enters the suspended state, a new trigger containing the latest wait events is created. To check the events processes in Suspended state:
- Access the View Wait Events page.
- On the View Details page of the selected process, open the More Actions menu for the Suspended execution.
- Click View wait events.
Result The wait events page opens, listing the following suspension details:
- 状态 — 流程对应的触发器状态；
- 等待事件类型 — 流程正在等待的事件类型（“任务”、“队列项目”、“作业”、“时间延迟”）；
- 标识符 — 流程正在等待的事件的 ID；
Note: The ID relates to the wait event type, as follows: Task -> Action ID, Queue Item -> Queue ID, and Job -> Job ID.
- 标题 — 相应队列或流程的名称；
- Assignee—the currently assigned user to complete the action (This field is populated only for wait events of type Task). If empty, the task is unassigned.
- Time Delay—the time stamp of the process resumption (This field is populated only for wait events of type Time Delay).
- 创建日期 — 流程创建的时间戳；
- 最后修改日期 — 流程最后修订的时间戳；
- 状态消息 — 在相应的“等待然后继续”活动中设置的状态消息。
The Total Runs panel provides simplified analytics of the total number of runs for the corresponding process, in the indicated time span (last 24 hours, last week, or last month). On the main page of the service, the analytics refer to the total runs of all processes, displaying the recent ones and their status.