Test Manager provides two API versions through which you can integrate. The first version of the APIs is not protected with role-based access control. The second version of the APIs is protected with role-based access control in a given project's scope. Several legacy APIs are only accessible by Organization Administrators. The second version of these APIs can now be accessed by Project Owners too, even if they are not Organization Administrators.
V1 is operational until end of January 2023 for the Cloud version and by April 2023 (2023.4 release) for both Standalone and Automation Suite version of Test Manager.
• AzureDevOpsConnector (deprecated)
• Connectors (deprecated)
• CustomFieldDefinitions (deprecated)
• CustomFieldValues (deprecated)
• Defects (deprecated)
• JiraCloudBasicAuthConnector (deprecated)
• JiraCloudOAuthConnector (deprecated)
• JireServerConnector (deprecated)
• KPIs (deprecated)
• ObjectLabels (deprecated)
• Orchestrator (deprecated)
• ProjectReports (deprecated)
• Projects (deprecated)
• RedmineConnector (deprecated)
• Requirements (deprecated)
• ServiceNowConnector (deprecated)
• TestCaseLogs (deprecated)
• TestCases (deprecated)
• TestExecutions (deprecated)
• TestSets (deprecated)
• TestSteps (deprecated)
• ThirdPartyAuth (deprecated)
• WebHookConfiguration (deprecated)
• XrayCloudConnector (deprecated)
• XrayServerConnector (deprecated)
|Available for Organization Administrators and non-admin users.|
Not protected through role-based access control.
|Available for Admins and Project Owners.|
Update the API version using Swagger to make role-based access calls.
/swagger/index.htmlto your Test Manager instance URL (e.g.,
- Click Select a definition at the top of the page and select V2 from the dropdown list.
Now the requests include the version number as you can see in the following example.
curl -X 'GET' \ 'https://company/testmanager/companyTenant/testmanager_/api/v2/projects' \ -H 'accept: application/json'
Updated 17 days ago