You can use Test Manager in Automation Cloud to test and manage your automations from a single place. To start using Test Manager in Automation Cloud , you need to enable it first, and then allocate licenses to your users.
For more information on licensing, see the Cloud Plan tab in UiPath Licensing.
You need to be logged into Automation Cloud as an administrator for your organization.
- Administrative Test Manager functions such as, creating projects, integrating Application Lifecycle Management tools, or defining custom fields can only be done by the Automation Cloud administrators.
- A user that is an organization administrator in Automation Coud is also an administrator in Test Manager.
To use Test Manager, first you need to provision the Test Manager service to the tenant where you want to use it. Secondly, you need to allocate licenses for your users.
Test Manager works with a provisioned service-level license at the organization level, while users need to have their licenses allocated. The license that you are going to allocate is going to be permanently assigned to your selected user.
This is a service-level license that requires Organization Administrator privileges.
- Open Automation Cloud and navigate to Admin > Tenants.
- On your selected tenant, click the vertical ellipsis and choose Tenant Settings.
- Under Provision Services, select Test Manager.
- Click Save.
Test Manager service is now available in the left navigation bar, however, you need to allocate licenses to your users.
For more information, see Provisioning or Removing Services.
Check whether you can assign Test Manager licenses or not to your users by navigating to Admin > Licenses. You can use both Automation Developer - Named User and Tester - Named User to run Test Manager.
Tester User licenses can be allocated only when User License Management is activated for your organization.
- In Automation Cloud, navigate to Admin > Users and Groups > Users.
- On your selected user, click Edit license allocation to configure.
- Select Allocate to User and then select the type of license (e.g. Automation Developer - Named User).
- Click Save to allocate the license to your selected user.
- In Automation Cloud, navigate to Admin > Users and Groups > Groups.
- On your selected group, click Edit license allocation to configure.
- Select the type of license (e.g. Automation Developer - Named User).
- Click Save to allocate the license to your selected group.
All the users from your selected group will be assigned a license. For example, if you have selected the Everyone group, all its users will receive Test Manager licenses, if you have enough to allocate to all of them. For instance, if you have 10 licenses, the first 10 users who access Test Manager will have a license allocated permanently.
If a user receives a notification that the license was not found, then they can sign out and sign back in from the portal while Test Manager is open.
Updated 23 days ago