Roles are a collection of permissions and represent a more granular layer for managing user access, following the broader option of maintaining access through groups. You can add roles to either groups so that all member accounts inherit them, or to individual accounts.
Roles can include several permissions at either the project level, or at the service level, so there are:
- project-level roles: these roles control the permissions that accounts have on specific projects; they're available in Task Mining by default and you cannot change them, nor can you add new ones;
- service-level roles: these roles control the access rights and actions that accounts can perform in each UiPath service you own; they're managed from within each service and can include default roles that you cannot change, as well as custom roles that you create and manage in the service.
In a project, the following Roles can be set for users or groups :
|Business Analyst|| Can view the project tab, but have no edit right to rename/archive/edit any project.|
Can select any project and will have access only to the Discovery results tab to review the results.
Has full edit right in visualizer to edit tasks, steps, and actions.
Does not have access User Management tab to add any users to Task Mining service.
Assign another Business Analyst to TM projects.
Export traces from Discovery results.
|Project Administrator|| Can access Task Mining to create projects, configure settings, and invites Task Mining users to different projects.|
Can monitor the recording status of projects.
After enough data is collected, Task Mining Admin can trigger a machine learning pipeline in AI Center.
Can review the analysis results.
Can add any missing members to the same service
|Recording User|| Sign into the Task Mining desktop application.|
Can record data.
Can upload data to the Task Mining project.
|Permissions / Roles||Administrator||Project Administrator||Business Analyst||Recording User|
|Add service level administrators||read-only|
|Rename projects and change description|
|Update project settings|
|Start/Stop/Pause recording users|
|Delete Discovery Results|
|Remove Roles assignment|
|Assign Roles||Only can assign the Business Analyst Role|
|View project status (Overview page)|
|View project roles|
|View project settings|
|View Discovery Results|
|Contribute data to the project|
Using the Manage Access feature, in the Assigned roles tab, a list of Users/Groups and permissions is displayed.
You can assign Administrator permissions to a specific user or group by following the below steps:
- Select Assign Administrator role on the right side of the screen.
- The assign form view is displayed where you can see the granted permissions and search for a user/email or group.
- Select Assign and a confirmation message is shown.
Granting permissions to a user is done by assigning a role in a specific project. To do this, follow the steps below:
- From the Project page, in the Team tab, select Assign role
- Select the desired role, and the assign form view is displayed where you can search for an user/email or group.
- Select Assign and a message is displayed confirming the role assignation.
Prerequisites and limitations
To add a user to a project in Task Mining service instance, the user needs to:
- Have an active account in Automation Suite.
- Be registered in the Task Mining tenant. If the user account is not displayed in the Task Mining User Invitation form it means that the user is not registered in the Automation Suite tenant.
Follow the below steps to send an invitation email containing the Recorder Installer Link to the selected user(s):
- From the Project page, in the Team tab, click Invite.
- The Invitation form view is displayed.
- Select the user(s) by using the dropdown menu or type in the work email address.
Not more than 7 users can be invited to a project. 2-5 users recommended.
- Select the Recorder type. You can choose to send the EXE installer link, MSI installer link, or don't send an installer at all if the invited user already has the Client App installed.
- Click Assign. By default, the user will be assigned a Recording User role.
- A confirmation message shows up and an email containing the link to download the Client App is sent to the selected user(s).
A Project administrator or a Business analyst role cannot be unassigned from a user. To unassign someone from a project, the user can be deleted only form the respective project by following the steps below:
- From the Project page, in the Team tab, select the users needed to be removed.
- Select the Delete button from the right side of the screen.
- A dialog appears, asking for confirmation on the deleting process. Select Proceed anyway.
- The user is now deleted from the project.
To remove a user from a specific project, use the steps below:
- From the Project page, in the Team tab, select the user you wish to remove.
- Select the Delete button from the right side of the screen, or you can also use the three-dotted menu, from the user actions and select Delete.
- A dialog appears, asking for confirmation on the deleting process. Select Delete.
- The user is now removed from the project and can be added to another project.
Updated 3 months ago