View and manage the list of applications where processes made by the users are captured. The Client App logs only data for these applications.
Under the Recorded Apps section, create the Recorded Applications list. This is a mandatory step in order to be able to record successfully. Make sure that the name you enter is the same as an executable file name and is in the
.exe format. The Client App will only log data for these applications.
The below lists are available:
- Globally Recorded - the list of applications that are implemented and recorded for all the users. Once you set the list of the Recorded Apps, users cannot change it, however, they can request other applications to be added through the Client App.
- Recorded on Individual Users' Request - the list of applications that users requested to be recorded through the Client App > Recorded Apps > Add App.
To add an application to the Globally Recorded list use the Search option to be sure the app is not already added and follow the applicable scenario as listed below:
- The application is in the Recorded on Individual Users' Request :
- Select it.
- Click the Globally transfer button.
- The application is not displayed in any of the lists:
- Click Add App.
- The Add App pop up is displayed.
- Type in the file name and click Add. Make sure that the name you enter is the same as an executable file name and is in the .exe format. To find the correct executable name of an application, please refer to this article
Applications that require OS Administrator permissions to run won’t be captured unless the user runs the Client App as Administrator.
To Delete an application from either the Globally Recorded or the Recorded on Individual Users' Request follow the steps below:
- Select it.
- The Delete option becomes available. Click it.
- The application is deleted.
Empty recorded apps list
If the recorded apps list is empty, you will be prompted with a dialog that allows you to add apps or skip and proceed, but by skipping, you will not record any steps.
Updated 5 months ago