As soon as you open the application the Home page is displayed that allows you to:
- Create a new project
- Open an existing project
- Navigate to the settings page
- Navigate to the help page
The left-side panel of the page contains the tabs for each of the listed above actions:
- Left arrow - Only visible if a project is ongoing. This helps you get back to the working page.
- Start (selected by default) - when this tab is selected, in the main window, near the robot icon, pressing the New Document button creates a new project and automatically goes to the Diagram Builder page.
- Open from PC - allows you to open a previously saved project.
- Settings - when this tab is selected, three new tabs are available in the main section:
- Help - when this tab is selected, two new tabs are available in the main section:
- Learning resources
- Getting help
In the bottom side of the panel you can see details about the application as:
- License activation type
- License ID
- Application Name
- Installer type
Task Capture contains the following panels:
You can build a diagram in two ways:
Use this diagram editor to create the structure of your process and define the specific actions to be performed.
The diagram begins with a Start node which is followed by Sequences and/or Decisions. The diagram leads to the End action. The sequences are linked with arrows to improve the process visualization.
At the bottom of the Diagram Builder window, you can:
- Zoom in and out of your diagram.
- Scale to 100% / Fit (your diagram) to screen.
- Drag the diagram by pressing Spacebar + clicking on Image.
On the left-hand corner of the screen, you can view an action counter allowing you to monitor the number of actions added to the sequence and an Information icon providing details about the limitation.
The number of actions that can be captured is set up to 500. Please note that this limitation does not prevent you from creating processes with more than 500 actions, it's purpose is to provide best practices guidance in order to have the best experience while using Task Capture.
The order and content of each action registered in a Sequence can be changed. The Sequence Editor enables you to apply any updates to each of your Sequences.
Check the Viewing and Editing a Sequence for step by step information about updating a sequence.
Each image captured to describe an action can be easily updated by using the Action Editor. This page contains the following panes:
- Inbuilt Action Editor
- Image Editor
- Action Title / Action Description
Check the Viewing and Editing a Sequence for step by step information about updating an image.
Updated 9 months ago