Saves the attachments of a mail message to a specified folder on your computer. Should be used for the currently selected email, or while iterating through a list of emails.
To learn how to use this activity, see:
- Tutorial: Iterating through Outlook Mails and Saving Attachments.
- Tutorial: Saving, Renaming, and Moving Attachments.
- From message - Click on the right side of the field, and then, from the menu, select the email whose attachments to save. When the activity is inside a For Each Mail Message activity, select Current Mail to indicate the current mail in the iteration. Otherwise, select Sel. Mail to use the message that is selected in Outlook at the moment when the project is executed. Alternatively, you can select Open in Advanced Editor and enter a VB expression.
- Filter by - (Optional) Click on the right side of the field, and then, from the menu, indicate how to filter the attachments. For example, to only save PDF attachments, select Text and then enter
- Save to folder - Click next to the field, and then browse to and select the folder where to save the attachments. Alternatively, you can indicate a file by selecting an option from the menu on the right side of the field. If a file with the same name as an attachment already exists in the folder, a digit is appended to the attachment name. If no folder is selected, the attachments are saved to the project folder.
- Display Name - The name displayed for the activity in the Designer panel.
- See the options in the body of the activity.
- Private - If selected, the data used in the activity is not logged by StudioX.
Updated 3 months ago