You can use UiPath Data Service as a source for your data-driven testing. The data is imported from Data Service
entities, exposing the fields as workflow arguments. All imported entities are stored in the Project tab, under Entities.
This feature requires an Automation Cloud license.
For more information on what the UiPath Data Service is and how it can help you aggregate no-code data from multiple systems, see Data Service introductions.
Before you begin
- When you configure a Data Service source, the data is fetched from the first entry in the enitity.
- Data is fetched from Data Service only at runtime. You need to Run file with data variation to populate the test cases with data. You can run and debug files using Test Explorer. This option is disabled from the ribbon for files with test data from Data Service.
- If you close your session and open the project again, you need to run the file with data variation again to load the test data.
- If you update the entity, you need to run the file with the data variation to load the updated test data.
- Test cases with data variations that are empty are marked as failed.
- A test case setup is created in Orchestor, when you execute test cases containing data variations from Data Service.
When you add test data to your test case, you can filter the entity to retrieve only specific fields from Data Service. You can configure the filters by using the built-in Query Builder.
- Create a new test case with test data, or add test data to an existing test case.
- Click Source and select Data Service from the dropdown list.
If the option is not available, check the requirements.
- Select an entity or use the search function to look for it.
- Click the Filter icon to open Query Builder.
- Use the first dropdown list to filter by a criterion (e.g.,
- (Optional) You can add rows and groups when you click Add and then configure the conditions.
- (Optional) You can select to filter by all or any of your criteria by choosing AND or OR.
- Enter a Name for your filter.
- (Optional) Use the Range to configure specific row intervals. This is useful if you have hundreds of fields in your entity.
- Click OK to confirm.
The data is fetched from the entity and added to the test case as an Argument Type. Only the first entry in the entity is fetched. You can access the data through the arguments.
- Already using a CSV file for your data-driven testing? You can upload it to Data Service using batch activities.
- Update or remove test data.
Updated 2 months ago