Release Date: 23 June 2021
- The official UiPath community encryption activities - Encrypt Text and Encrypt File - were using as default an antiquated mode of AES encryption without message authentication and subject to possible modifications. An attacker with access to encrypted data could theoretically modify the contents encrypted by the activity without knowing the encryption key.
To prevent these types of attacks, AES-GCM was implemented as a new encryption and decryption method. Using this algorithm the encrypted messages are authenticated and checked whether or not the encrypted data was altered throwing an appropriate exception in case of failure.
The other, older AES algorithms are marked as deprecated in the documentation and in the field description because of the weak encryption offered. These options are still available for backward compatibility to allow users to decrypt their old data and encrypt them with the new AES GCM implementation.
Release Date: 9 October 2018
GDPR has been our favorite pastime lately, so we understand the importance of securing operational data. The new Cryptography Activities Package comes to meet this necessity, by offering some activities that feature state of the art encryption algorithms:
- Encrypt Text - Encrypts a string with a key, based on a specified key encoding and algorithm.
- Decrypt Text - Decrypts a string, based on a specified key encoding and algorithm.
- Encrypt File - Encrypts a file with a key, based on a specified key encoding and algorithm.
- Decrypt File - Decrypts a file, based on a specified key encoding and algorithm.
- Hash Text - Hashes a string using a specified algorithm and encoding format.
- Hash File - Hashes a file using a specified algorithm.
- Hash Text With Key - Hashes a string with a key, using a specified algorithm and encoding format.
- Hash File With Key - Hashes a file with a key, using a specified algorithm and encoding format.
The moment is finally here - the entire UiPath Platform has been localized, so that you can have a truly immersive experience, from install to design and execution. Now, besides English, you can access everything, including our online documentation, in Japanese.
Updated about 23 hours ago