Be careful with adding entities. Adding an entity needs adaptations throughout the SAP Connector. This may impact the structure of the out-of-box SAP Connector.
If your actual process contains additional entities you can add these entities to the SAP Connector. Below is a global overview of the steps you need to take to add an entity. Depending on the entity you want to add you may need to perform additional steps.
- Check whether an extra input table is needed or additional data can be extracted from an existing input table.
- If an extra input table is needed, add the table in the appropriate folder in the SAP Connector in the folder 1. Input.
- Define the entity in the SAP Connector in the 2. Entities folder.
- Add the table key of the entity in the
- Optionally, add another table key when events are generated on a different level than the entity. For example, add the header of the entity in the
See illustration below for an example.
- Add relevant attributes, such as
(Reference) document numberand
Reference document itemto create additional information about this entity which can be used.
- If the entity is part of:
- one of the processes, then add the entity in one of the existing tables in the 3. Event log creation -> Document graph folder;
- a new subprocess, then create a new table and union this table with the applicable
- Add the new
TABKEYexpression in the corresponding process table in the 3. Event log creation -> Document graph folder to which the entity is added. See illustration below for an example.
- Add the new
TABKEYexpression to the Table keys of the
Document graphtable. See illustration below.
- Set the availability of the attributes added in Step 2 Add the new entity to the 2. Entities to Hidden on the tables in the folder 3. Event log creation -> Document graph.
- Add a
<entity>_create_eventstable and, if applicable a
<entity>_header_change _eventstable and an
<entity>_item_change_eventstablefor the new entity in a new subfolder in the 3. Event log creation -> Events folder.
- Add the mandatory attributes
Event endin each event table. Optionally, add event attributes in each event table.
- Create the
<entity>_eventstable in the subfolder created in step 1. to join all the separate events to create a complete event log.
- Add the complete sub event log created above to the
joinexpression of the
Events_preprocessingtable in the folder 5. Preprocessing. See illustration below.
Updated 11 days ago