In the SAP Connector several attributes are defined by default. If you want to use other attributes, you can add these to the SAP Connector. If the attribute is a new attribute on the entity that is the
Case ID, the attribute will serve as case attribute. Follow the steps in this guide to add an attribute.
- Decide to which entity the attribute belongs and whether this is stored on header or item level.
- Change the expression
<TABLE> attributesin the
Globalstable to extent the fields that are extracted from the table. See illustration below.
- Right click on the applicable input table in 1. Input and select Reload. The new attribute will be added in the table item list. See illustration below.
- Double click on the new attribute to open the Edit Datasource Attribute dialog and select the Attribute type.
- If the values in the fields are text, set the Attribute type to Text.
Sometimes identifier values are parsed as integers, which causes problems such as that leading zeros are removed.
- If it is a date value, set the Attribute type to Date and make sure the date format matches with the input. In SAP, the date values that are not available are usually stores as 00000000. Optionally, you can set that value in the NULL value in datasource field.
- Click on the entity table in the 2. Entities folder for which this new attribute is added. In the table item list, right click on the new attribute and select Availability -> Private.
- Create an expression that gives the new attribute a meaningful name entity table in the 2. Entities folder.
- If the new attribute also appears in other entity tables in the 2. Entities folder, set the Availability to Hidden if the attribute is not used.
- Since the entity tables are used in the Document graph, the newly created expression is made available on the tables in the folder 3. Event log creation -> Document graph. Set the Availability of the new expression to Hidden on these tables in the folder 3. Event log creation -> Document graph to prevent problems in a union afterwards.
- You can use the new expression in the tables in the folders in 3. Event log creation -> Events to extent the event attributes or update the event detail expressions.