The severity levels of alerts apply to different types of notifications, as follows:
- Info - Robots now available; User assigned as reviewer for failed / abandoned queue item
- Warn - Queue items that fail with business exceptions;
- Error - Jobs that fail, be they scheduled or manually started; Robots not responding; queue items that fail with application exceptions.
- Fatal - Robots that go offline or are disconnected.
When filtering the Alerts page according to the Severity level, please note that all greater severity levels are also displayed. For example, if you select Warn, messages are going to be displayed for the Warn, Error and Fatal severity levels.
The default value of the filter is Info. This means that removing all filters displays alerts having Info severity and above.
Job not created
Robot is disconnected
*Robot is unresponsive
Robot is available
BackgroundJob trigger misfired
BackgroundJob failed to execute
Queue item failed with ApplicationException
Queue item failed with BusinessException
User assigned as reviewer for failed/abandoned queue item
Process alert (alerts generated using the Raise Alert activity in Studio)
* “Robot is unresponsive” alerts are received despite having Robot alerts disabled.
Updated about a year ago