To successfully establish a connection and send requests to the Box API, the Box Scope activity must complete authentication to a Custom App using one of the supported JWT authentication (additional authentication methods will be supported in the future).
To give the *Box Scope activity the ability to authenticate and to enable the other activities to successfully send requests to the Box API, you must complete the following steps:
To create a JWT authentication Custom App, follow the Setup with JWT steps in the Box documentation.
The following input properties are required in the Box Scope activity:
- Config File Content or * Config File Path
To get the Config File Content and Config File Path values, follow Generate a keypair steps in the Box documentation.
After downloading the JSON configuration file, you can either save the file to a local folder and enter that location in the Config File Path property, or copy contents to enter it as a
String in the Config File Content.
As a quick reference, below are the steps we followed when developing and testing the Box activities.
The steps below are for example purposes only. For the latest setup steps and more detailed information about the configuration settings and, refer to the referenced Box documentation.
- Sign in to https://app.box.com/.
- Go to the Dev Console (https://app.box.com/developers/console).
- Click Create New App.
- Select Custom App or Enterprise Integration.
- Select **OAuth 2.0 with JWT (Server Authentication).
- Enter a name for your app and click Create App.
- After your app is created, click View Your App (you don't need to copy the developer token).
- In your app's Configuration settings, under Advanced Features, ensure both Perform Actions as Users and Generate User Access Tokens are enabled.
- Under Add and Manage Public Keys, click Generate a Public/Private Keypair and save the JSON configuration file locally.
- This step requires the app to have multi-factor authentication enabled.
- After downloading the file, note its location as you'll enter this value in the *File Path property of the Box Scope** activity.
- After completing your Configuration settings, go to General and click Submit for Authorization.
- The application administrator (this may be you) must then authorize the application by following the instructions in the email sent from Box.
- UiPath Studio を開きます。
- Under New Project, click Process (this opens a New Blank Process window).
- Enter a project Name, Location, and Description.
- [作成] をクリックします。
- Install the UiPath.Box.Activities package.
- In the Design ribbon, click Manage Packages (this opens the Manage Packages window).
- Under All Packages, click Connect
- In the Search bar, enter Box.
- Click, install and accept the license for the UiPath.Box.Activities.
- For more information about Uipath Studio packages, see Managing Packages in the Studio Guide.
Now that you have completed the setup, you can start adding the Box activities to your project.
For a hands-on learning experience and to quickly start using the activities, see the Quickstart guide. This guide provides step-by-step instructions to help you create a working sample of the different activities so that you can verify the connection to your Box application and get familiar with the input/output properties.
To learn more about the Box activities (including example property inputs/outputs), see the Activities page for a complete activity list and links to the activity detail pages.