Business Solutions Verification:
- For you as a vendor (who submitted a Business Solution) - is a way to show that your automation content is valuable.
- For you as a customer (who wants to buy a Business Solution) - is a way to know that a certain automation content has undergone a verification process by the UiPath Marketplace team.
Business Solutions Verification is performed in three sequential steps:
The listing upload form for Business Solutions must:
- be submitted on the Marketplace by following our Publishing Guidelines
- include the following information:
- Solution and the use-case description that showcases why it is valuable for potential customers, what business challenge(s) it solves;
- Benefits and advantages received by implementing the solution;
- Stats relevant to potential customers: number of hours saved, number of components, number of executions, number of transactions
Please make sure to follow the best practices from the Guide to Ideal UiPath Marketplace Listing.
After the submission is done, the Marketplace team will contact the vendor to request the following documents:
This document should provide a detailed technical overview of the entire solution and it should include the following:
- Solution architecture and data flow
- Solution scope, assumptions, and limitations
- Testing information, high-level test scenarios, alignment between business requirements and the implemented solution
This document can be represented through the PDD (Process Definition Document) and SDD (Solution Design Document).
This document should provide the necessary information for the usage of the automation: overview and description, installation and configuration steps, screenshots, etc.
Please use the UiPath Marketplace template for this type of document.
After the content and the documents have been submitted, the listing status will move to In Review.
During this stage of the process, all the information submitted with the listing will be reviewed by the Marketplace team. If the case, we might request additional information from the vendor, before proceeding to the final stage of the review: the demo meeting.
In order to verify that the solution provides the stated functionality, the Vendor will showcase the functionalities of the Business Solution in a demo meeting.
During the demo, the Vendor will need to show:
- the end-to-end execution of the solution
- the necessary configurations
- the inputs
- the output
This meeting will be recorded and then kept as an internal reference.
In order to validate the business value of the submitted Business Solution, the Vendor can also provide a reference from a customer that is already using the Solution.
The reference should give details about how they are using the Solution and the way it has helped them in their business processes.
This can come in the form of:
- a Testimonial - text, video, etc.
- a Document
This will be also kept as an internal reference.
In order to increase the level of trustworthiness for Marketplace listings, all Business Solutions published on the Marketplace need to undergo a security review.
Given the fact that in some situations, the UiPath Marketplace team is not able to run the security scans and checks, a Business Solution listing can go through two types of security reviews:
UiPath Marketplace Security review
Third Party Security review
Conducted by the UiPath Marketplace team, this type of review is based off our current Certification Program. It applies only to listings where the Business Solution is created for the UiPath Product Suite or where the integration is something that will reside on the customer’s premises.
E.g.: Solutions based off UiPath Studio projects (such as processes), custom activities packages, AI Center models, UiPath Assistant Ready-to-Go Automations, custom integrations etc.
|Steps||Business Solutions Verification|
|Security Best Practices Scans||☑|
|Workflow Analyzer Validation||☑|
|Vulnerabilities in 3rd party dependencies||☑|
|Static code analysis||☑|
|Pentesting (Manual) - Only in certain cases||☑|
This type of review applies to the listings where the Business Solution is a third party platform or product that works together with the UiPath Platform. UiPath customers usually need a custom integration with this type of solution or they need to configure and use it according to requirements dictated by a project.
At this stage, the Vendor needs to provide proof that their solution respects industry-specific security standards. Some of the standards we might look for during this review are:
- ISO/IEC 27001 and ISO/IEC 27002
- The Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS)
- HIPAA (the US Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act)
- SOC (System and Organization Controls) 1 / SOC 2
- Veracode Verified Continuous
2-4 weeks, depending on the vendor’s availability to deliver the necessary documentation.
To clearly differentiate the Business Solutions Verification from the Marketplace Security Certification, instead of a badge, the listing page will highlight the checks that apply to this type of content.
Updated 7 months ago