To create a connection to your Slack instance, you will have to provide the following information:
- Whether you use BOT Token or not. Select either True or False.
- Client ID
- Client Secret
To obtain the necessary credentials, you will first have to log in to Slack and create a new app.
Go to Settings & administration and select **Manage apps.
In the upper-right corner click Build.
Click Create New App and select From scratch.
Choose a name and a workspace for the app, then click Create App.
You will now have to define your app's settings. Click Edit Manifest.
Make sure you have the following callback URL defined: https://cloud.uipath.com/provisioning_/callback
- Click Save Changes after finishing the manifest. Scroll down and you will se the Client ID and the Client Secret displayed.
Find out more about creating an app from the official Slack documentation
While developing your app, you will define out a minimum list of scopes that your app requires to work. When a user installs your app on their workspace, you'll request those same scopes.
With access to your Slack account, UiPath can do the following:
- View content and info about you
- View content and info about channels & conversations
- View content and info about your workspace
- Perform actions as you
- Perform actions in channels & conversations
- Perform actions in your workspace
For more information on Slack, refer to Slack documentation.
Updated 7 months ago