There are two installer file types available to install Task Mining Client App on your machine:
task-mining-setup.exeused to install the Client App per-user
task-mining-setup.msiused to install the Client App per-machine
- It is NOT supported to have both the .exe and .msi versions of Task Mining on the same machine.
- The functionality of both installer types is the same.
Please find below a comparison between the two installer file types. This can help you decide what is the version that suits you.
App runs after installation
Requires Admin Rights for installation
Requires Admin Rights for running
Supports command-line installation
User Data folder
License files folder
Can Destination Folder be changed during installation?
TaskMining.exe file enables you to install a user-mode of the Client App. The installation path -
%localappdata%\TaskMining and all other advanced options are already configured to help you get Task Mining up and running right away.
- Companies that allow their employees to manage their own system.
The User Mode installer does not require Administrator Permissions, meaning that it is installed per user and is limited to the rights that the user has.
This package type natively supports all msiexec commands and is recommended for customers who need to deploy Task Mining to hundreds or thousands of machines.
- Companies where System Admins are assigned to distributing the application among the employees using the same machine.
Setup command-line arguments cannot be used and do not work on
This package natively supports all msiexec commands.
To use the
TaskMining.msiinstaller Administrator Permissions are required. The installed product is made available to all the users who access the machine.
Users invited to a project already have an account in Automation Cloud, they need to use their Automation Cloud credentials to sign in to the Client APP. To install the Client Application, follow the below steps:
The invitation emails sent from the Task Mining service in Automation Cloud do not contain a password.
- Check for the invitation email received from the Company Admin.
- Click Install now.
- Wait for the .exe/.msi file to be downloaded.
The type of file you receive is selected by the Company Admin when sending you the invitation. Check the Inviting Users page for details.
- Click the Task Manager icon and install it.
- The Sign in screen is displayed with the following options:
- Sign in with UiPath: Opens a new browser session with Task Mining Portal for automatic login.
- Proxy Settings: Opens a new window where the user can input proxy settings if needed.
- A new screen is displayed requesting the user to select a Tenant to continue.
- Two new icons are added on the lower left-hand corner of the screen: one for accessing the Recorder and one that displays the Process Queue.
Updated about a month ago