This version of the guide, v0, documents the Automation Cloud features pertaining to Document Understanding, along with the latest Preview and Enterprise features.
Before you begin reading this guide, it is important to know what kind of information you are looking for.
Document Understanding could have different practical applications. For instance, you can create a workflow in which invoices are downloaded from your email inbox, then they are digitized and classified on-prem, then certain document types are processed for data extraction using an Automation Cloud-hosted ML Skill, while the resulting data is entered in a SAP application. Another example would be a collection of fixed forms which are filled in online. You can create a workflow that downloads the entire collection of forms from your document management system, extracts the data on-prem, creates validation tasks in Action Center for the data to be verified by humans, and at the end sends all extracted data to your manager through an email.
Depending on what information you are searching for, you will use different sections of this guide. If you are interested in:
- building a Studio workflow from scratch, or understanding the details of each Document Understanding step, go to the Framework Components section
- deploying DU services on-premises, managing your own DU ML Extraction or Classification models (including managing training data through Data Manager), go to the Document Understanding in AI Center section
- available public services, commercial setup, or licensing options, go to the Licensing section
- creating your own OCR engine activity, go to the OCR Contracts section
- creating your own classifier or extractor activities, go to the Document Processing Contracts section
Updated about a month ago