UiPath Data Service is a persistent data storage service that brings powerful no-code data modeling and storage capabilities to your Robotic Process Automation (RPA) projects.
UiPath Data Service provides a business yet user-friendly service where you can securely store and manage your business data within UiPath:
- Run unattended processes to aggregate data from multiple systems before processing it in other systems.
- Use the data for long-running business processes that need to transfer data across multiple attended and unattended processes.
- The integration with Studio and UiPath Robot allows you to build automations leveraging capabilities such as:
- Rich relational data types;
- Integrated security;
- Instantaneous and adjustable provisioning and deployments.
Below is a list of some common use cases for the Data Service:
Say you create a new process for capturing data about employees needs (i.e. desks, chairs, webcams, etc.).
The data can be extensive and must be stored before creating requests in the procurement system.
Instead of using a database, a file share, or cloud storages, you can store them in UiPath Data Service.
Processes for monthly financial reporting get data from multiple systems like bookings, invoices, billings, and payments.
Both attended and unattended workflows retrieve this data every time they run. This requires all users to have access and connectivity to all the backend systems, which can cause delays and inconsistencies in reporting, as underlying data may change before all your processes are completed.
You can write one unattended workflow to gather all the required data in Data Service. Then, all your other attended or unattended workflows can work with it. This may also eliminate the need for storing the aggregated critical business data in files on user or robot machines.
Say you design an orchestration process that includes human-robot interaction for payments of supplier invoices and transfers all the data via queues.
You can store the invoices in Data Service, pass around the record ID via queues, and work with one version of the truth. You can also create new processes to provide full visibility on all invoices in your system from Data Service.
Say you are working on an unattended business process to create a 360-degree view of your customers before you write it in your customer relationship management (CRM) system.
The workflows have tens, maybe hundreds of variables.
You can model your customer entity in Data Service, import the definition in Studio, and work with a single variable in your workflows before dispersing it across your various systems of record. Data must not necessarily be stored in the Data Service.
- Secured, persisted, and accessible storage that enables you to keep all your data in a unique central place.
- Seamlessly access your entities, records, and documents for all your UiPath products.
- Store completely new and also existing data.
- Define, modify, and extend business entities and store records for those entities apart from the standard out-of-the-box features.
- Define rich metadata like relationships, rules, attributes for your entities, and store documents associated with the defined entities.
To start using the Data Service in Automation Suite you first need to install Automation Suite and enable Data Service in the configuration file.
To use the Entities in UiPath Studio, the following requirements need to be met:
Updated 8 months ago