Regionen und Instanzen
Data Service is hosted in multiple regions to ensure the best performance and data locality for our customers. Read more in Regions and Instances.
Data Service is built using the best practices for cloud services and has been architected to support multiple customers. The service is designed to ensure full isolation of data between different tenants and accounts while providing instantaneous provisioning, deployment, and scale.
When you enable Data Service for your tenant, a new partition is created in the service to host your metadata and data. Note that Data Service is a tenant level service and each tenant has their data segregated. All subsequent operations for that tenant are then restricted to its respective partition. Additionally, all communication with the service happens via REST APIs.
The Data Service is built on top of UiPath Automation Cloud and has the following main components:
- Web Application - Provides the user experience for Data Service.
- Rest API Endpoints - Consumed by Web Application, Studio, and Robot for all operations.
- Runtime + Storage Management Service - Responsible for ensuring partitioned access and operations to modify entities and records in Metadata or Datastore.
- Metadata Store - Stores information about entities, fields, users, and permissions for each tenant.
- Data Store - Stores the records for each entity.
UiPath Studio, the Assistant and Robot communicate with Data Service using their configured Orchestrator connection, they are able to both identify the Data Service endpoint and obtain authentication tokens from Automation Cloud. Operations like importing entities in Studio read the metadata about entities from Data Service and then store it with the Project. Data Service activities communicate with REST API endpoints to read or modify records.
Updated 4 months ago