The Data Service contains System built-in fields. When you create a new entity a set of default fields is automatically created still you can customize the entities you defined by adding specific fields.
You can create the fields of the following field types.
- Text: this field can be used to store a small amount of text.
- Number: this field can be used to store a number value. Number values can be positive or negative. You must specify the number of decimal places that you want to use.
- Yes/No: this field is used to choose between a Yes or No value.
- Date-Time: this field is used to store a value that contains a date and time. A date picker can be used to select a date and time.
- Relationship: this field is used to create a relation between two entities.
- Choice Set: this field is used to store a list of enumerated values from which one or more values can be selected.
- File: this field is used to store a file.
Each type of field requires different details that must be specified. Please check the specific page under Entity Field Types to find out more.
To customize your entity by creating a specific filter follow the steps below:
- In the Entities list, select the entity for which you want to add a field. The Fields tab is displayed with the list of fields defined for the entity.
- Click on Create New Field.
- In the Create Field panel enter a display name for the field in the Display Name field.
The Name field is automatically filled based on the Display Name. If needed, you can change the name Name field.
- Select the filed Type using the drop-down list.
- If the field must have a value, select the Required checkbox.
- Click More details to display the additional fields.
- Enter a value for the available fields. The required fields are marked with an asterisk symbol.
- Klicken Sie auf SPEICHERN.
The new field is displayed in the Fields list.
To update the fields you created, follow the steps below:
- You cannot update system built-in fields.
- You cannot change the Name and the Type of customized fields.
- In the Fields tab, hover over the field that you want to edit.
- Click on the Edit field icon corresponding to the item. This is available on the right-hand side.
- The Edit Field panel is displayed. Apply your updates.
- Klicken Sie auf Speichern (Save).
To delete fields that you have created follow the below steps:
You cannot delete system built-in fields.
- In the Fields tab, hover over the field that you want to delete.
- Click on the overlay menu icon and select the Delete option from the menu. This is available on the right-hand side.
- Enter the display name of the field in the Delete Field dialog.
- Klicken Sie auf Löschen, um die Aktion zu bestätigen.
Role based field access can be used to restrict data access. It is possible to enable Role based field access for custom fields only, it is not available for system built-in fields.
After the Role based field access option is enabled for a field, the roles need to be updated to grant explicit permissions for users to access the field. See User Management for more information.
Standard Roles will no longer have access to data in fields that are enabled for Role based field access. Users who need access to this data will need to be assigned a Custom role that grants permissions to access the data in the field.
- In the Fields tab, hover over the field for which you want to enable (or disable) Role based field access.
- Click on the overlay menu icon and select the Enable role based field access (or the Disable role based field access) option from the menu. This is available on the right-hand side. See illustration below.
- Click on Enable (or Disable) to confirm the action.
Eine Bestätigungsmeldung wird angezeigt. Siehe Abbildung unten.
When you enable Role base field access for a field, all users that have existing roles assigned that do not provide field level permissions will no longer have access to the data in the field.
- Click on Manage Roles to open the Roles tab of the User Management page. Here you can update the Custom Roles to grant permissions for the field access.
Aktualisiert vor 5 Monaten