The Data Service contains System built-in fields. When you create a new entity a set of default fields is automatically created still you can customize the entities you defined by adding specific fields.
You can create the following field types.
- Text: this field can be used to store a small amount of text.
- Number: this field can be used to store a number value. Number values can be positive or negative. You must specify the number of decimal places that you want to use.
- Yes/No: this field is used to choose between a Yes or No value.
- Date-Time: this field is used to store a value that contains a date and time. A date picker can be used to select a date and time.
- Relationship: this field is used to create a relation between two entities.
Each type of field requires different details that must be specified. Please check out the specific page under Entity Field Types to find out more.
To customize your entity by creating a specific filter follow the steps below:
- In the Entities list, select the entity for which you want to add a field. The Fields tab is displayed with the list of fields defined for the entity.
- Click Create New Field.
- In the Create Field panel enter a display name for the field in the Display Name area.
The Name field is automatically filled based on the Display Name. If needed, you can change the name Name field.
- Select the filed Type using the drop-down list.
- If the field must have a value, select the Required checkbox.
- Click More details to display the additional fields.
- Enter a value for the available fields. The required fields are marked with an asterisk symbol.
- Click Save.
The new field is displayed in the Fields list.
To update the fields you created, follow the steps below:
- You cannot update system built-in fields.
- You cannot change the Name and the Type of customized fields.
- In the Fields tab, hover over the field that you want to edit.
- Click the Edit icon corresponding to the filter. This is available on the right-hand side.
- The Edit Field panel is displayed. Apply your updates.
- Click Save.
To delete fields that you have created follow the below steps:
You cannot delete system built-in fields.
- In the Fields tab, hover over the field that you want to delete.
- Click the Delete icon corresponding to the filter. This is available on the right-hand side.
- Enter the display name of the field in the Delete Field dialog.
- Click Delete to confirm the action.
Updated 6 days ago