By accessing the Manage Access > Assign Roles page you have the Download CSV option that allows you to download two different CSV types:
Download a CSV file containing the data from the People page by clicking Download Users. The exported CSV file contains the data listed on the Assign Role page, except for the information from the Status column. You can use the CSV file to bulk add new user accounts or update existing ones.
Download a CSV file containing a template to be used when you want to bulk add new user accounts.
To be able to upload the CSV back to Automation Hub please do not modify the header information and follow the instructions from the Filling in the CSV section available below.
Regardless of the CSV type you choose to download, its header contains the following information:
- First Name,
- Last Name,
- Job title,
- Business Unit,
- Roles column which includes both the assigned Role(s) and the Collaborator Roles.
To add or update information in the CSV follow the below steps:
- Open the CSV file downloaded using the Download CSV option.
- Enter all the details for a new account or apply updates on the existing account information.
- The only accepted separator for the CSV format is the comma.
- Keep the header as downloaded.
- In the Roles columns, you can assign both Roles and Collaborator Roles (default or custom ones), along with the categories they apply to. This information can be refined in the Upload CSV preview page. For details check step 4 from the Upload CSV section.
- Save the CSV file locally.
To import the new information in Automation Hub follow the steps listed in the Upload CSV section available below.
The Roles, as well as Collaborator Roles, are assigned by using a slug that has the following format: "ah-role", respectively "ah-collaborator-role". Check the below tables for the default Roles and Collaborator roles slug format.
Besides the Slug, you need to add the Category ID. The final format should look like [["ah-role",categoryID]], respectively [["ah-collaborator-role",categoryID]].
The category ID "0" gives access to the user to exercise the role's / collaborator's roles permissions in all categories.
|User Role||Slug Format|
The Account Owner role is not available to be assigned to users, as it is automatically assigned only to the tenant's first user.
|Collaborator Role||Slug Format|
The Employee Idea Submitter, CoE Idea Submitter, and Process Owner collaborator roles are not available to be assigned to users when adding/editing users, as these collaborator roles are automatically obtained following the submission of an idea, respectively assigning a Process Owner to help with the detailed assessment.
To find out the slugs for the custom roles and collaborator roles, as well as specific Category IDs please create a dummy user or use the one we predefined as an example, access their user details in the Admin Console > Manage Access > Assign Roles page and assign it all the available Roles and Collaborator Roles, along with the various categories that interest you. Download the CSV using the Download Users option. Apply to the new users the slugs for the Roles and Collaborator Roles, as well as the Category IDs that interest you. Alternatively, you can leave the Roles column empty in the CSV, and apply the user roles and their categories directly in the Upload CSV preview screen.
Please find below several examples on completing the Roles column:
- To define a user to whom we want to assign the Standard User role for all the Categories and the Idea Approver role only for the Human Resources category, the Roles cell in the CSV would look like this, if 1 is the ID of the "Human Resources" category:
- To define a user to whom we want to assign the Standard User role for all the Categories and the Solution Architect Collaborator Role for the Finance&Accounting category, the Roles cell in the CSV would look like this, if 7 is the ID of the "Finance&Accounting" category:
By using the Upload CSV functionality you can easily add multiple user accounts or apply multiple updates to existing ones by importing the file created after using one of the options available under the Download CSV feature. To do this follow the below steps:
- Access Automation Hub > Admin Console > Manage Access > Assign Roles page.
- Click Upload CSV.
- Select the updated CSV and upload it.
- Check out the details for the newly added accounts on the preview page.
- To apply updates in the user info or the User Roles to any of the listed accounts, select the account by clicking on it or by using the checkbox and the profile form is displayed on the right-hand side of the screen.
- You can perform a search in the list of users (by full name, email, business unit or department), in order to identify easier the user account(s) on which you want to perform additional changes.
- You can select one or more user accounts in order to perform changes.
- If updates were added click OK.
- Click Sync Updates in order to store the changes in the database or Cancel to discard the changes.
Upload CSV Feature
Upload CSV is no longer available once the Azure Active Directory is enabled for your Automation Cloud account.
Updated about a year ago