Depending on the way it was submitted, the automation idea undergoes trough different review phases:
For each of the below phases, the assigned user receives a task in their Automation Hub account and is notified by email about the assignment. To check the notification access My Task - Incomplete section.
Before approving an Idea, please check if a Process Owner is assigned. If not, access the idea's Quick View option and click the Process Owner field available in the pop-up upper left corner. Search for the account of the user you want to assign. Once found, click the account in order to assign them as the idea's Process Owner.
- Approved ideas are transferred to the Assessment Pipeline. The Program Manager can access them in Workspace > Automation Pipeline > Assessment Pipeline view.
They can either Launch the Assessment or Archive the ideas that are not achievable.
- As soon as the Assessment is launched, an Assessment Invitation is sent to the Process Owner assigned to that idea, asking them to fill in the Detailed Assessment. The invitation is sent by email and can be also accessed from My Task - Incomplete section. The Process Owner refines the information and adds the Detailed Assessment details related to the task/process. For details check the Completing the Detailed Assessment section.
As soon as they click Submit assessment the phase of the idea will be updated to Qualification and its status to Awaiting review.
- Based on these KPIs, as well as the Automation Goal, the Program Manager reviews the ideas and decides which idea will move further to the implementation phase.
Access the list with all the ideas in the Qualification phase that need to be reviewed in Workspace > Automation Pipeline > Decision Pipeline view.
- Approved ideas are updated to Qualification phase, status Approved. The Program Manager needs to add a Project Manager as Collaborator. To do this access the Automation profile of that idea, Collaborators section, and add a user with the Project Manager role. This enables the user to perform all the needed actions in that specific idea, during the Implementation phases.
- The assigned Project Manager can perform the actions related to that specific idea, in the desired order (there is no specific flow starting this step), but mainly focuses on items like:
- Adding additional collaborators, like users with “Business Analyst” and “RPA developer” role.
- Updating the phase and status of the idea from the dropdowns available in the Edit page of the Automation Profile – About section.
- Create a project plan and keeping track of the cost estimates in the Cost-Benefit Analysis section.
- Encouraging the collaborators to bring the relevant documentation in the idea: AS IS, TO BE documentation (PDD, SDD, DSD).
- Encouraging the RPA developers to explore the gallery of reusable components and upload their own components. This allows Process Owner, Project Manager, and the collaborators with editing rights in the Components section to link the reusable components used during the development to that specific idea, in order to share the knowledge with other RPA developers who might explore this automation profile.
- Perform updates on the automation potential %, the costs and project plan, once the implementation is over, to reflect the reality of the project. This is done by Editing the Cost Benefit Analysis and bringing the most recent information in there.
Below you can find a graphic display of the above-described idea flow:
As soon as the idea's Overview, Detailed Assessment, and Assign Process Owner details are saved, an Assessment Invitation is sent to the assigned Process Owner asking them to review the Detailed Assessment.
The invitation is sent by email. A task is also assigned for this assignment and can be accessed from My Task - Incomplete section.
Ideas marked as Archived are stored in the Pipeline forever or until someone deletes them still the information associated with them does not impact the Dashboard statistics.
Below you can find a graphic display of the CoE-driven idea flow:
Updated 24 days ago