Enters a text or a formula in a cell. The activity can be used with an Excel file selected for a parent Use Excel File activity or with the Project Notebook.
To learn how to use this activity, see:
- Tutorial: Saving, Renaming, and Moving Attachments.
- Tutorial: Comparing Excel Files and Emailing Reconciliation Errors.
- What to write - Click Plus on the right side of the field and then, from the menu, select what to enter in the cell:
- Data from the Project Notebook, a parent Excel file or Outlook account. For example, select a cell in an Excel file to copy the value from that cell, or a field from the email selected in Outlook when the project is executed to copy its contents.
- Use Saved Value - Select a value that you previously saved for later use in the project.
- Text - Enter a text in the Text Builder. If you enter an Excel formula, for example
=A2+B2, the formula is entered in the cell.
- Number - Enter a numeric value.
- Ask when run - Prompt for a value when the project is executed.
- Open in Advanced Editor - Enter a VB expression.
- Where to write - Click Plus on the right side of the field and then, from the menu, select an Excel file and a named cell where to enter the data, or select Indicate in Excel to indicate directly from the file. Alternatively, you can select Custom Input to enter a cell address manually, or Open in Advanced Editor to enter a VB expression.
- Auto increment row - Select this option if the activity is inside a For Each and you want relative cell references (references without $) to increase the row number with each iteration. This works if the activity is added inside one of the following activities: Excel For Each Row, For Each Email, For Each File in Folder, or Repeat Number of Times.
- DisplayName - The name displayed for the activity in the Designer panel.
- See Where to write in the body of the activity.
- See What to write in the body of the activity.
- Private - If selected, the data used in the activity is not logged by StudioX.
- See Auto increment row in the body of the activity.