To provide the Workato Scope activity with the authentication credentials and enable the other activities to successfully send requests to the Workato API operations, you must complete the Prerequisites and following steps:
- Workato account
- Your account email is required in the scope activity.
- Workato environment
- The instance (preview.workato.com or public.workato.com) that contains the recipes you want to interact with.
- Selecting the environment is required in the scope activity.
- Workato recipe
- The Workato activities automate interactions with your recipes. To enable the activities to call the recipes via the Workato API, you must have at least one recipe.
The authorization header required for the API requests contains the user email and access token (i.e., auth-token or API key).
To get the API key, go to your Workato Account Settings > API key. You'll enter this value in the UserToken property of the Workato Scope activity.
- Create a new automation project.
- Open UiPath Studio.
- Under New Project, click Process (this opens a New Blank Process window).
- Enter a project Name, Location, and Description.
- Install the UiPath.Workato.Activities package.
- In the Design ribbon, click Manage Packages (this opens the Manage Packages window).
- Under All Packages, click Go.
- In the Search bar, enter Workato.
- Click install and accept the license(s).
- For more information about Uipath Studio packages, see Managing Packages in the Studio Guide.
Now that you have completed the setup, you can start adding the Workato activities to your project.
To learn more about the Workato activities (including example property inputs/outputs), see the Activities page for a complete list of activities and links to the detail pages.