The SAP SuccessFactors activities use an (Client ID*) and (Client Secret) to establish an OAuth connection between UiPath and your SAP SuccessFactors application. This connection authorizes a Robot to call the SAP SuccessFactors APIs and access resources on your behalf.
You may also authenticate using an (Existing Connection) that has been established by a previous SAP SuccessFactors Scope activity, or using Basic Authentication by setting the (Username) and (Password) properties.
After establishing a connection, a parent SAP SuccessFactors Scope activity can output a record of the connection in a
Connection object (Connection) that you can use in subsequent child scope activities.
The following steps are an example of how the activity works from design time (i.e., the activity dependencies and input/output properties) to run time.
- Complete the Setup steps.
- Add the SAP SuccessFactors Scope activity to your project.
- Choose the authentication types you want to use.
- Enter values for one of the authentication types properties.
- Optionally create and enter a
Connectionvariable for Output property. You can use this variable in subsequent uses of the SAP SuccessFactors Scope activity.
To build your project and enable the (Object Wizard) in other activities, you must use the (Connection Wizard) by clicking the (Configure) button. The Configure Connection dialog allows you to specify both a (Design Connection) and a (Robot Connection).
Property values in the (Design Connection) section do not need to be quoted.
- ExistingConnection - A connection from the parent Application Scope to use instead of a new connection. Enter a
- Base URL - The API endpoint to connect to. Enter a
Stringvariable. The base URL is a value such as "https://sandbox.api.sap.com/".
- Username - The username. Enter a
- Password - The password to use. Enter a
- API Key - Enter a
- DisplayName - The display name of the activity. This field supports only
Private - If selected, the values of variables and arguments are no longer logged at Verbose level.
ReportApiErrorAsException - When selected, API error responses are reported in BusinessActivityExecutionException by all child activities that use this application scope. When cleared, the child activity populates the API error message in the ResponseStatus output property and workflow execution continues. Check the ResponseStatus property to confirm successful execution.
- Connection - The connection which can be passed to a child application scope. Enter a
Updated 27 days ago