The Insert Record activity uses the SAP SuccessFactors OData API to insert a specific record.
After inserting the record, the activity outputs the status of the request (success/failure information) in a
ResponseStatus object (ResponseStatus) that you can use in subsequent activities (e.g., conditional logic).
This activity also returns the sys_id value of the new record object.
The following steps are an example of how the activity works from design time (i.e., the activity dependencies and input/output properties) to run time.
- Complete the Setup steps.
- Add the SuccessFactors Scope activity to your project.
- Add the Insert Record activity inside the SuccessFactors Scope activity.
- Click the Configure button inside the Insert Record activity (this opens the Object Wizard).
- Select the Object you want to insert and add the fields (with values) you want to populate.
- Create and enter a
ResponseStatusvariable for the Output property.
- Your input property values are sent to the SAP SuccessFactors OData API.
- The API returns the
ResponseStatusvalue to your output property variable.
To enter your Insert Record property values, you must use the Object Wizard by clicking the Configure button.
To learn more about the Object Wizard, see the Business Activity Frameworks page.
- sys_id - The id of the ServiceNow record that gets created. Enter a
Stringvariable. The sys_id is auto-generated by SuccessFactors when you insert your new record. To retrieve this value for use in other activities, create and enter a
Stringvariable in the object wizard (example shown below).
- AdditionalFields - A
DataRowthat includes the columns and values that you want to update. Enter a
DataRowvariable. The column names must match the names as they appear in the SuccessFactors database for the record type. Properties updated via the Object Wizard will override any that are also in AdditionalParameters.
- DisplayName - The display name of the activity. This field supports only
- Private - If selected, the values of variables and arguments are no longer logged at Verbose level.
- ResponseStatus - The status of the request (success/failure information). Enter a
ResponseStatusvariable (UiPath.BAF.Models.ResponseStatus). The
ResponseStatusobject includes three properties that you can use in other activities.
- Success -
Boolean- Specifies whether the API request was successful.
- ErrorCode -
String- The response error if the API request is unsuccessful (Success=False).
- Message -
String- The error message.
- Success -
Updated 27 days ago