The Upload Activity Attachment activity uses the Web API POST operation to upload an attachment to an email, appointment, or template activity.
After uploading the attachment, the activity outputs the
String identifier assigned to the attachment (AttachmentId) and the status of the request (success/failure information) in a
ResponseStatus object (MicrosoftDynamicsStatus) that you can use in subsequent activities (e.g., conditional logic).
The following steps and message sequence diagram is an example of how the activity works from design time (i.e., the activity dependencies and input/output properties) to run time.
- Complete the Setup steps.
- Add the Microsoft Dynamics Application Scope activity to your project.
- Add an activity or run an external process that outputs a activity identifier (e.g., Insert Record, Search Records).
- Add the Upload Activity Attachment activity inside the Microsoft Dynamics Application Scope activity.
- Enter values for the Input properties.
- Create and enter a
ResponseStatusvariable for the Output properties.
- Your input property values are sent in the Web API POST operation request.
- The operation returns the
ResponseStatusvalues to your output property variables.
- DisplayName - The display name of the activity. This field supports only
- Activity Id - The identifier assigned to the activity that you want to upload an attachment to. This field supports only
To get the ActivityId value, use an activity or run an external process that outputs the activity identifier(e.g., Insert Record, Search Records).
Only activity objects that can be associated with an attachment may be used (i.e., email, appointments, template). If the activity object does not support attachments, the following error is returned:
Message="Attachments can be associated only with e-mail activities, e-mail templates or appointments.",
- File - The complete local path to the file that you want to upload. This field supports only
- Private - If selected, the values of variables and arguments are no longer logged at Verbose level.
- MimeType - Optional mime type of the attached file.
- AttachmentId - The identifier assigned to the attachment that was uploaded. This field supports only
Stringvariables. To delete an attachment, you can use the AttachmentId variable in a Delete Record activity; select the ActivityMimeAttactment object.
- ResponseStatus - The status of the request (success/failure information). Enter a
ResponseStatusvariable (UiPath.BAF.Models.ResponseStatus). The
ResponseStatusobject includes three properties that you can use in other activities.
- Success -
Boolean- Specifies whether the API request was successful.
- ErrorCode -
String- The response error if the API request is unsuccessful (Success=False).
- Message -
String- The error message.
- Success -
The following image shows an example of the activity dependency relationship and input/output property values.
For step-by-step instructions and examples, see the Quickstart guide.
Updated 28 days ago