After executing the function, the activity outputs action specific field values (if applicable) and the status of the request (success/failure information) in a
ResponseStatus object (MicrosoftDynamicsStatus) that you can use in subsequent activities (e.g., conditional logic).
The following steps and message sequence diagram is an example of how the activity works from design time (i.e., the activity dependencies and input/output properties) to run time.
- Complete the Setup steps.
- Add the Microsoft Dynamics Application Scope activity to your project.
- Add the Execute Function activity inside the Microsoft Dynamics Application Scope activity.
- Click the Configure button inside the Execute Action activity (this opens the Object Wizard).
- Select the Action you want to insert and enter values for the fields returned in the Object Wizard.
- Create and enter a
ResponseStatusvariable for the Output property, as well as, any fields that have a Direction value of Out.
- Your input property values are sent in the GET operation request.
- The operation returns the
ResponseStatusand any other applicable field values to your output property variable(s).
To enter your Execute Function property values, you must use the Object Wizard by clicking the Configure button.
When you select a Function using the Object Wizard, the required in/out property fields are displayed for the selected action. Unlike the other activities in this package, you can not add or remove in/out property fields for an Function object.
For a complete list of fields required for each action, see the Web API Function Reference in the Microsoft documentation.
To learn more about the Object Wizard, see the Business Activity Frameworks page.
- DisplayName - The display name of the activity. This field supports only
- Private - If selected, the values of variables and arguments are no longer logged at Verbose level.
- ResponseStatus - The status of the request (success/failure information). Enter a
ResponseStatusvariable (UiPath.BAF.Models.ResponseStatus). The
ResponseStatusobject includes three properties that you can use in other activities.
- Success -
Boolean- Specifies whether the API request was successful.
- ErrorCode -
String- The response error if the API request is unsuccessful (Success=False).
- Message -
String- The error message.
- Success -
The following image shows an example of the activity dependency relationship and input/output property values.
For step-by-step instructions and examples, see the Quickstart guide.
Updated 28 days ago