The Download Note Attachment activity uses the Web API <a href=https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/developer/common-data-service/webapi/retrieve-entity-using-web-api?view=dynamics-ce-odata-9 target="_blank">GET operation to download an attachment associated with a specified annotation (NoteId), to a specified location (Folder), under a new or existing name (Filename).
After downloading the attachment, the activity outputs the status of the request (success/failure information) in a
ResponseStatus object (MicrosoftDynamicsStatus) that you can use in subsequent activities (e.g., conditional logic).
The following steps and message sequence diagram is an example of how the activity works from design time (i.e., the activity dependencies and input/output properties) to run time.
- Complete the Setup steps.
- Add the Microsoft Dynamics Application Scope activity to your project.
- Add an activity or run an external process that outputs an annotation identifier (e.g., Insert Record, Search Records).
- Add the Download Note Attachment activity inside the Microsoft Dynamics Application Scope activity.
- Enter values for the Input properties.
- Create and enter a
ResponseStatusvariable for the Output property.
- Your input property values are sent in the <a href=https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/developer/common-data-service/webapi/retrieve-entity-using-web-api?view=dynamics-ce-odata-9 target="_blank">GET operation request.
- The operation returns the
ResponseStatusvalue to your output property variable.
- DisplayName - The display name of the activity. This field supports only
- Filename - The new name for the downloaded file. This field supports only
- By default, the file is saved using the file name of the attachment. If a file with the same name exists in the Folder, the existing file is overwritten.
- To rename the file (and avoid unwanted overwrites), use this property to enter a new file name with the type extension (e.g., DemoFile_Download.docx)
- Folder - The complete local path to the folder that you want to download the file to. This field supports only
- NoteId - The identifier assigned to the annotation that you want to download the attachment from. This field supports only
Stringvariables. To get the NoteId (i.e. annotationid) value, use an activity or run an external process that outputs an annotation identifier (e.g., Insert Record, Search Records).
This activity does not have an AttachmentId input property (like the Download Activity Attachment activity) because a note can only have one attachment. This is also the reason the Upload Note Attachment does not output an AttachmentId (like the Upload Activity Attachment).
- Private - If selected, the values of variables and arguments are no longer logged at Verbose level.
- ResponseStatus - The status of the request (success/failure information). Enter a
ResponseStatusvariable (UiPath.BAF.Models.ResponseStatus). The
ResponseStatusobject includes three properties that you can use in other activities.
- Success -
Boolean- Specifies whether the API request was successful.
- ErrorCode -
String- The response error if the API request is unsuccessful (Success=False).
- Message -
String- The error message.
- Success -
The following image shows an example of the activity dependency relationship and input/output property values.
For step-by-step instructions and examples, see the Quickstart guide.
Updated 28 days ago